Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

i was offered a trade for a 2001 r6..

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i was offered a trade for a 2001 r6..

i was offered a traade for a 2001 r6.. clean title.. 21,xxx miles. "candy flame" paint job..CHROMED frame with CHROME wheels.. honestly i love my 99 f4.. but i'm thinkin i should trade this guy then sell the bike after or maybe even trade it for a f4i.. what do you guys think?? the only thing i can see wrong with it is that the gas cap wont close.. the lock broke.. everything else is pretty nice on the bike.. please let me know your honest opinions.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally I wouldnt, I dont like the chromed out bike night queens. But, if your intentions are trading up, and your F4 is clean well maintained etc, you'll prolly get more for it than the r6 you are describing.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:42 AM
Talking good stuff

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
personally I wouldnt, I dont like the chromed out bike night queens. But, if your intentions are trading up, and your F4 is clean well maintained etc, you'll prolly get more for it than the r6 you are describing.
"cromed out bike nite queens" that comment says it all ... streetgloww and cromed everything never did it for me. the term overdone applies here, i would not trade your honda for that bike, just to turn around and get another honda. remember , unless you get a smokin deal on somthing its a hard market to sell in rite now. Keep you honda bro

Old 10-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed completely with PG and Bambam. I can't imagine that the R6 would be any easier to sell and would fetch any better sale price than your F4. Also, it would concern me that the dude is willing to do a straight up trade like this.. I wonder about his motives. What do you know about the bike other than it sounds like a chromed out show bike?

Old 10-11-2009, 10:58 PM

There is a sucker born every minute. What I mean by that is: If you can bring yourself to do it you could probably easily find someone looking to getting into riding and sell him the "pimp bike of his dreams", cuz nowa days seems like no one wants to put the wrench time into anything. Instead have someone else do it and buy it the way they want. If you do sell to someone like this you can get more than what the bike is for because they most likely don't know anything about bikes. I see it all the time unfortunatley. Side effect of doing this most likely it will be a squid who doesn't know how to ride. If its a straight up trade the dealer will give more for the cleaner bike with the less amount of miles, which I am sure you know this.

My 2cents. Take it how you want.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Most important thing though, do you like the bike better than your f4? That's important because in the current bike market you could very easily get stuck with whichever bike you choose for a while, as in it might not sell, and you should make sure it's something you wouldn't mind riding.
Not just the market but it's the wrong point in the season for buyers to be looking. Not unless you live somewhere with a long (or year round) riding season.

Nobody wants to buy a bike they have to stick in the garage for the next 4 months before they can ride her.