Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I need your suggestions! What do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I need your suggestions! What do I do?

Google:
Intervention Addiction

You'll be sure to get a ton of links to figure out how to best approach the situation. Maybe recommendations on who to talk to.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P.S. my bro-in-law is 18 years old and he works full time at a factory and goes to class at night.

Well my wife had a good talk to him on the phone last night, probaly a couple hours long.
At first it was the same old crap him lying to her face and getting pissed that people are starting these
"rumors" about him. It wasn't looking very good but then we got alittle bit more out of him than before.

He said that he is very happy with what he is doing right now, i.e. going to work full time and going to school (to become a cop). And my wife said that thats great exceptdrugs shouldn't be included in that situation, if you have to use drugs all the time you can't be happy.

So than he went on about how we are hard on him about what kind of friends he has (the other kids that do drugs with him). And my wife said that she feels she has to be because his mom and dad don't give two ****s about the kids he hangs out with and they don't know that they alll do drugs and one of them was arrested multiple times for drug possession.

He also talked about how he hangs out with them alot because he doesn't like being at home with his dad (who is kind of an ***, but nothing crazy). So we told him when he feels like that, that he should come over to our house instead of hanging around those kids who obviously do drugs all the time. He said that he would do that but he is not going to stop hanging with his "friends" just like that.

SoI don't know, I hope he comes over alot and soon those kids will stop hanging out with him and he can pull himself out of thisdruggy stage in his life, before he really gets in trouble. You can't become a cop if you have a record. Andif he gets caught that could ruin his plan for the future.

Today I am going to have a sit down with him and try to just talk about whats going on. I want to try abe calm and listen to how he got to this point and try to show him that he can get out of it and Ican help him get out.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: JakesF2

P.S. my bro-in-law is 18 years old and he works full time at a factory and goes to class at night.

...but then we got alittle bit more out of him than before....

He said that he is very happy with what he is doing right now, i.e. going to work full time and going to school (to become a cop)..... You can't become a cop if you have a record. Andif he gets caught that could ruin his plan for the future.

Today I am going to have a sit down with him and try to just talk about whats going on. I want to try abe calm and listen to how he got to this point and try to show him that he can get out of it and Ican help him get out.
That is the best argument you canhave right there. I think you have a good chance of helping him out.

A lot of other carreers won't take you if you have had a drug habit (Aviation, Military, etc...)
So the benefits are great if he get's out of it before getting in trouble.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:43 PM

I would not trust him with his own decisions. I've watched someone go down that road and it is a terrible sight. It ruins people. Sometimes, a strong hand or a scare will bring someone around. Maybe find a cop to give him a 'scare' but not a record so he can continue on to his future sans drugs. Scare him. Scare the living **** out of him but don't involve his parents since he does not like them from the get go.

I did the pot thing. That isn't so much of a problem, but the harder drugs will take a person's soul.... and eventually their life.

I'm a strong hand individual and I don't think that his future is out of your sphere of influence... even if it requires you going against his wishes.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:45 PM

Dude I have been down that road, When I was much younger (35) now I was in the selling and using all that ****, he will only change when he sees what it is doing to him or others. I had everyone telling how wrong it was and I had to stop for months. I will tell you I told them all what they wanted to here and I just did it away from them. You can not watch him 24-7 and if he wants to do it he will.
I am sorry to tell you that. I know it sucks! The only thing that stoped me is I watch 2 friends die one night for cocane we had done A LOT that night and overdose killed them 1 in my arms. I never touched it again, GOD I hope it does not take something like that to help him, I live with that everyday of my life and it sucks.