CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   I need how to instructions on taking curves. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/i-need-how-instructions-taking-curves-37923/)

tank_900rr 05-02-2007 12:51 AM

I need how to instructions on taking curves.

I want to knowif anyone knows of a video with how to instructions on taking curves and dragging the knee? I am trying to help a friend of mine with that but he's not so sure of it yet on how to drag the knee, so please help with a vid or instructions.

mannyrios 05-02-2007 12:58 AM

RE: I need how to instructions on taking curves.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QCg3BMGe5...ed&search=

Triax 05-02-2007 01:11 AM

Don't push him for the love of god. If he's not comfortable doing it don't force him to.

bootleg___ 05-02-2007 01:17 AM

Awesome. Thanks for posting that link. I was wondering the same thing.

EPNF4i 05-02-2007 01:21 AM

hahahahahahahahah!! "A friend"

Blue Fox 05-02-2007 01:51 AM

The best way to learn is to take a class. If you want to learn how to race and drag a knee, take a superbike class. I'm taking my second superbike class this November. It's about $700 bucks for the class, but you learn on their race bikes with their tires and their leathers.

Highly recommend that.

TheX 05-02-2007 02:12 AM

ORIGINAL: EPNF4i

My reaction too

CBR1000RRMARINE 05-02-2007 02:30 AM

SLOW -- Slow to a suitable entry speed. Scrub off a decent amount of speed so you can either increase or maintain throttle throughout the curve

LOOK-- Look at your exit point.

PRESS-- Press on the handgrips. Called countersteering. Press right go right. Press left go left.

ROLL-- Roll on the throttle through the curve. This helps stabilizes your suspension. Never ever roll off the throttle or apply brakes in a turn. Bad Karma.

AND GOOD LUCK!

Mstngdrew232 05-02-2007 03:01 AM

Hell, i didnt know there was anything technical about hanging off a bike and getting ur knee down. Nice vid tho, hanging off just feels natural to me around the fast corners.

pacemaker 05-02-2007 03:29 AM

look truth is, some people get there knees down, some don't. everyone rides in there own comfort zone. I went riding with a friend the other day that just got his license back after a 3 month suspension & $1200 fine. There he was riding like a man that had been told he had hours to live, destroying yet another pair of tyers (and the knees of his jeans, and generally having a great time. we all laughed when he told us how he was enjoying the ride & was just taking it easy, (cos in his mind he was). like all supprised that he had lost skin off his knee, nimrod was not even aware that he had/could get his knee down. If he consciously tried to do it, he'd probably fall off.

tomp 05-02-2007 05:00 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: EPNF4i

My reaction too
My thoughts exactly. Why dose he need to drag his knee? You can take corners pretty sharp with out draggin your knee. The only reason Racers drag their knee is get extra support (tripod effect) keeping them from low siding in a turn. Try keeping your legs in against the tank and press with your hand and foot. Example..left turn... press with left hand and left foot.

Or tell him to take a sport riders course which is more useful than MSF when it comes to cornering.

S.L.P.R.

Blue Fox 05-02-2007 07:44 AM

Wow. I just watched that video that was posted and it's actually spot-on to what they teach at the superbike classes with the shoulder and head placement. Good find on that video!

Wildcat 05-04-2007 02:18 AM

Do penis pumps really work? A friend of mine wants to know...

JZHALES 05-04-2007 03:20 AM

a friend of mine that used one says they do, if you wanna get your knee down just dive off the bike, works for me everytime, sometimes i get both knees down, maybe some stomach and helmet dragging too

tank_900rr 05-04-2007 12:57 PM

I hadn't checkd on the thread, oh and for the guys who said "a friend" let's go for a ride and see if you can keep up. As a matter of fact he just put some frame sliders on for that soul purpouse. I explained to him that the natural reaction is to countersteer and that's where he's havin a hard time. Thanks anyways.

Sproutf3 05-06-2007 02:29 AM

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2001%5C0...-10245-800.jpg

Blue Fox 05-06-2007 03:43 AM

ORIGINAL: tank_900rr

......oh and for the guys who said "a friend" let's go for a ride and see if you can keep up.
Well, since you are obviously great rider, why don't you teach him yourself?

tank_900rr 05-06-2007 05:10 AM

Cause I'm not an instructor and I have my own techniques. I honestly learned by watching moto gp vids and going out to lonely roads. I pretty much taught myself. I also got info from these forums. I just don't wanna feel responsible if he does somethin I told him to and falls.