Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I MUST have one of these

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For years I've stubbornly refused to acknowledge any possible benefit of having a bunch of average tools cramped together with you but I have to confess after crawling in slushy snow over my ankle deep for three and a half hours under my lorry this morning armed with the flashligt of my phone, a knife, a crappy screwdriver and a loose jawed monkey wrench trying to figure out why my tailgate lifter died to the loading bay I sure could have used a pair... Come to think of it I DO have a pair I got for christmas years ago but never really used for anything, gotta see if I can find it and take it to the truck.

For the bracelet, don't really see the benefit of that... looks like the tool that's hard to use for anything has now successfully been made almost impossible.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

I'm sure it's useless for most tool needed applications. It's the times that you need to pull a tool out of thin air to save the day that I want it for. If you have ever had your kid come to you with loose screws on his hockey helmet 2 minutes before game time, you have been there. I wouldn't use it to rebuild an engine, remodel a kitchen, or cut a trail through a forest, but it's cooler and more handy than any wearable jewelry that I currently own.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:30 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
I carry a Gerber multitool on me everyday, you never know when you might need it, and it hasn't let me down yet, after 10 years
Hey Con, was it the never knowing bit that hasn't let you down yet? Not sure I could take that kind of suspense for 10 years.
If they could some up with one that included a time machine...