CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   I was miracled tonight (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/i-miracled-tonight-59577/)

Nauree 02-10-2008 12:59 AM

I was miracled tonight

I went to the gym late tonight. I did my workout and left. Well through out today I ran around on my bike with the gas light on. So on my way back home I ran out of gas. I fliped the reserve switch but there was no gas. Idk, I throught up on the pedcock was reserve but I guess I was running on reserve the whole time. Anyways, I'm a mile from my house and I pull to the sholder. I get off and call to get some gas. As I was waiting for my gas I'd flip the light on for passing car and turn my bike off when there was no one as to not drain my battery. I flip the light on for this one truck come the opposite way and as it was coming closer it started aiming for me. I was tripping out, the dude was coming right at me. The dude misses me by like a few feet going 70-80mph. Goes into the ditch and annihilates his truck on a big thick wooden fence and a tree. Then the motor exploded and a fire ball came out from under the truck. I took of my helmet and gloves and ran over there. The truck was turned 180 degrees, entire front end was ripped off and crushed. 3 high school kids stumble out the truck. I was AT LEAST 20 feet away and I could smell the alcohol. I looked down and there are glasses of Budlight bottles all over. The kids looked like they didn't know wtf happened. Some other dude pulled over when I ran up there and was calling 911 so I didn't call 911. I asked them if they wanted to use my cell or if they had theirs. They didn't answer me and at that time my gas was pulling up. I filled up and got the hell out of there. I didn't want to deal with the cops. I wish I was carrying my digial camera on me...

cyber00677 02-10-2008 01:04 AM

RE: I was miracled tonight

i would think they would not be getting out. they are all getting screwed by the police. and your lucky man. i would have been running as fast as i could if i saw them coming at me o and by the way i dont run fast so i probley would just get hit lol.

HAVOC 02-10-2008 01:11 AM

i applaud you for running over to see if you could help that is more then what some people would do but then you suprise me. im just curious as to why you ranwhen the cops were coming.. you say because you didnt want to deal with the police but in that situation i dont see any reason you would wish to avoid them... unless you have a extremem disdain for your local l.e.o's

Nauree 02-10-2008 01:13 AM

Honestly, I think they learned there lesson for DUI'ing. No one was hurt, except for me which I'm freaked out right now, and the guys truck is totalled. He'll have to deal with that and his parents. But, I'm fairly sure they will/have been arrested cause I know Louisiana is cracking down on drunk drivers.

rangerscott 02-10-2008 01:15 AM

Dude you are so getting sued. If you wouldnt have turned your lights on they wouldnt have wrecked. I'm sure one of those kid's dad is a lawyer and he's gonna stick that lawsuit so far up your ass you're gonna be pleading for jail time.

Glad you're ok. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Nauree 02-10-2008 01:24 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

i applaud you for running over to see if you could help that is more then what some people would do but then you suprise me. im just curious as to why you ranwhen the cops were coming.. you say because you didnt want to deal with the police but in that situation i dont see any reason you would wish to avoid them... unless you have a extremem disdain for your local l.e.o's
Well I didn't run from the cops. I just got the hell out of there before they had a chance to question me. I didn't want to get involved at all because frankly I wasn't invovled in the first place. I just saw it happen. For all I know one of the boys could have made some **** up about me and I would be getting necessary heat from the cops. Would could I tell them anyways? "They went off the road and into that tree. I think they were drinking." It was all obvious to begin with.

SpiritRR 02-10-2008 01:25 AM

Yeah, sounds like it. Drunk driver, sees a headlight, assumes it's on the road, so he veers to the left thinking he's too far right, only to drunkenly notice he just crossed the centerline, yanks the wheel back, goes off the road and crashes...all because some biker ran out of gas--well, that and the booze...yup, pretty much just the booze...

Mpizzle 02-10-2008 01:53 AM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR
yup, pretty much just the booze...
Lol. Honestly I wouldn't have wanted to stick around and talk to the popo either. After already waiting for your gas to show up you would have had to fill out a statement answer questions and possibly hang around the scene for even longer. Not to mention there is a chance you would be called to the stand when/if they go to court for the DUI.

Personally, I would rather be t home swillin' a brewski playing video games than jack jawin' it with the local smokeys.

Matt

fishfryer527 02-10-2008 11:08 AM

Dude you are so getting sued. If you wouldnt have turned your lights on they wouldnt have wrecked. I'm sure one of those kid's dad is a lawyer and he's gonna stick that lawsuit so far up your ass you're gonna be pleading for jail time.
Yeah he is gonna win too, you should have left your light off, and when the truck came screaming by you, you should have jumped on the hood like Mannix and then crawled into thedrivers seatand safely slowed the vehicle. Then you should have called and paid for a taxi for the young gentleman. Meanwhile you should have washed and waxed the truck so they wouldn't have to deal with it then next day. I can't believe how inconsiderate you were.

rangerscott 02-10-2008 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Yeah he is gonna win too, you should have left your light off, and when the truck came screaming by you, you should have jumped on the hood like Mannix and then crawled into thedrivers seatand safely slowed the vehicle. Then you should have called and paid for a taxi for the young gentleman. Meanwhile you should have washed and waxed the truck so they wouldn't have to deal with it then next day. I can't believe how inconsiderate you were.

Joke. hardy har har