Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I love my bike, But...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:59 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I love my bike, But...

Heh, yeah like I said it's weird at first because you're used to making the bike do certain things with your left hand, so when you try to do right handed stuff it's backwards.

That's funny, I didn't realize it was a Friday night... you can tell people all over the US are having less than stellar weather.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:00 AM
Banned

I don't think it looks bad at all, man. And to be honest, you can't see it when you're riding it. Only when your hand is off the bike.

And you can tell those people to lick your sweaty ******** anyway.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wot your going through is from years of self abuse & its Gods way of punishing you......
Actually wot is happening is the positioning of your arms/hands on the bars, & your weight holding you in a static (nerve) position, restricting blood flow, till the nerves in your wrists cry out for mercy.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9188034

You can slightly alter your throttle, brake & clutch & seating position, so that your wrists are not bent as much, but its usually a short term fix. Gloves & better grips can help no doubt about it, Some people build up a resistance to it to, others like myself don't fair so well, one of reasons I like my F3, not such a big lean to the bars. I just stop when I start to get the numb feeling in my writs before the pain starts, only takes a couple of minutes of excercise to get the blood flowing, which is good for a couple more hours of ride time.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:34 AM

you can tell people all over the US are having less than stellar weather.
i just got home, but it was 80 degrees today and suppose to be almos 90 tomorrow here in cali...

Old 04-12-2008, 03:56 AM

ORIGINAL: suicidal

you can tell people all over the US are having less than stellar weather.
i just got home, but it was 80 degrees today and suppose to be almos 90 tomorrow here in cali...
Man that sucks Im looking forward to the snow showers here in Ohio tomorrow.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have that problem in my left hand, its CT, proper postion etc helps, loose grip, and keeping your weight off your wrist.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:14 AM

Let me do some research, but there's a company that builds bar-ends that elimate almost all vibration in the grips. They advertise it helps with this problem. Guys if you know the company i'm talking about, please chime in.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:16 AM

try finding a glove w/a thicker padding, it may absorb some of the vibration from your grips.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:24 AM

My hand use to do that when I first started riding...but I did change my grips and get some gloves with gel in the palms.....that might have helped, I know you can also buy heavier bar ends that people say helps with the vibration...

now quit being a ***** and ride your bike

Old 04-12-2008, 09:39 AM
RCR

Do they make cruise controls for sport bikes? I had one on my V65 Magna and loved it for long trips, It was like a small clamp that sat on the inside of the throttle to hold it into position. That would give you hand a break when you started to feel the tingles instead of pulling over.

Quick Reply: I love my bike, But...