Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I just shake my head and wonder...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I just shake my head and wonder...

well, as far as i am... i live in southeast louisiana, nothing but freshwater swamps from down to the gulf and about 50 or 60 miles north. when it gets anywhere above about 50degrees (all but a couple months) we have HELLACIOUS amounts of bugs. i can wash my bike, and go out for 10 minutes, literally just 10 minutes, and the front of the bike, my helmet, my shirt my knees, my gloves will all be covered (f*&kin COVERED!) with mosquitos and lovebugs and ****. it sounds like its raining when you go through them. i made the mistake of having my visor open riding through a friends neighborghood, and here comes mister bug, flying into my eye, oh, but hes not a regular bug, hes got some sort of crazy pepper spray coming out of his *** that made my eye burn like a hooker with the clap. yea, i ride with the helmet on, and the visor closed, always!

Old 04-20-2006, 06:21 PM

Its so wierd to think that anyone would ever ride without a helmet. Its law in cali. and I have never seen anyone ride without a helmet. Its just a very hard concept for me to grasp. I ride a lot without a jacket and thats a risk Im willing to take. Scars look cool but its hard to look cool when you're dead.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:07 PM

I don't go out of the driveway without mine. I can picture my head busting like a melon. Not something I want to experience.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:44 PM

My helmet doesn't even match my bike! I could give a ****.

Just went optional in my state(PA) a little over a year ago. I wanna say I see a 50/50 all around.

Besides what does that teach the kids.
I like what somebody said earlier....about wearing the helmet makes you like a super hero. (Your gonna be flyin anyway).

Big ups for wearing the Lids!

Old 04-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Banned

Between the big bugs and flying rocks, you have to be out of your mind not to wear a helmet. I estimate that 20% of harley riders wear helmets and maybe 20% of sportbike riders don't waer helmets in Florida. The excuse they always give is 'I'm just out cruisin'. Retards.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:38 PM

thats just dumb as far as i see it, just cruisin! doesn't matter, you can have all the experience you want, you can be riding like an outstanding model of a citizen, proper lane position, brights, white helmet, f*&kin reflective vest.... but the truth is, you probably wont be the one to cause the accident you could possibly get in. nope, its gonna be some soccer mom, or teenage girl (or guy) on their way to the mall, bull****ting on their cell-phone, eating, putting on eyeliner (saw that yesterday morning on the way to work) reading a book, screaming at their kids. people just DONT check their mirrors, i know its a huge generalization, but its something you have to assume. they are flighty and have delayed reactions since they have they're minds on everything except controlling the 2 ton death ram that they are inside. my favorite little maneuver to try to avoid is the famous cell-phone, no mirror, no turn signal suicide swoop, that's just the best! and i really love when it happens when im not in their blind spot, but looking at them through the drivers side window! all i have to say is thank god i was on my bike during these times, we have to privelage to be deprived of anything that would take an ounce of attention away from the task at hand. if i was in the car, they would have slammed into the side of me, you know, since id be blaring the radio, tying my shoes, and grilling a steak while i was driving.

Old 04-21-2006, 08:59 PM

my parents are harley riders and they never wear helmets. My favorite excuse is that helmets are for young and stupid sportsbikers like me, and cbr04. And guess who is getting killed in my state...its sure not the stupid sportsbikers. Its the forty somethings on a fatboy laid over at 70 with no helmet.

+Life is what happens when you are planning your future+

Old 04-23-2006, 02:21 PM

One of my buddies friends here in Kansas went down this past week. No LID! Came up to a blind curve. You don't realize how sharp it is until you get to it, and you're coming out from under a tunnel (a landingstrip). Everyone goes out there to open 'em up under the tunnel, sounds cool, but there are twisties on EACH side of it, he was runnin just over 80 and missed the corner. He's no in Critical condition, 50/50 chance of living, and his brain is MUSH. HE will be an invalid for the rest of his life, and 99% the cause said by the Dr, is the fact he was NOT wearing a helmet! Helmets are not required here either. Only eye protection.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: holycrapitshassell

my favorite little maneuver to try to avoid is the famous cell-phone, no mirror, no turn signal suicide swoop, that's just the best! and i really love when it happens when im not in their blind spot, but looking at them through the drivers side window!
+1 this one happens ALL the friggin time. Amazes me that people are that careless.

Old 04-24-2006, 05:06 AM

my favorite little maneuver to try to avoid is the famous cell-phone, no mirror, no turn signal suicide swoop, that's just the best! and i really love when it happens when im not in their blind spot, but looking at them through the drivers side window!
I had an idiot do that to me two days ago. He started coming over, I honked and moved over he looked RIGHT AT ME and still came over into the lane so I had to slam on the brakes to keep from becoming a duck-burger. Then at the next light he flipped me off like it was my fault. great job driving buddy. things like that threaten my faith in mankind.

since id be blaring the radio, tying my shoes, and grilling a steak while i was driving.
It makes me happy to know I'm not the only one with a grill in my truck. My fiance told me it was a stupid idea but I'm glad I fought her on that one.

Quick Reply: I just shake my head and wonder...