Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I hate eventful rides

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate eventful rides

So last night i drove down to meet up with my brother and ride over to check out a local carshow/cruise night thing,got home from work and cleaned the bike up real good check everything. ride down was great besides some slow traffic and 93* temps. Get down there and we head off get to the show meet up with some buddies have a good time, so way back i'm in the left lane headed back to the highway behind a semi, riding to the left of the lane about 9 seconds behind him the road was damp, ok no biggy the sprinklers had been on, out of nowhere i get plowed by one hell of a stream of water coming from the median, kinda pissed but the wet jeans did feel kinda good with the heat whatever, so i get off and head down 96th which is probably 15 miles of 2lane out in BFE dark country road, lots of wildlife around so i'm running like 35-40 with the high beam on scanning the sides of the road. Out of nowhere this fairly large praire dog darts out in front of the bike, so close i had no time to swerve and 6 years ago dropping my busa at 100+ avoiding wildlife i pulled in the clutch and hit him dead square, bike didnt budge, i went on my way figuring i'm gonna have a mess to clean up, few miles up the road i got that wet jeans feeling again but this time i hadnt hit water so i get to a neighborhood and pull off under a street light, entrance was super narrow so i hop onto the sidewalk. No sooner than i put the kickstand down adams county sheriff turns the corner He stops and puts the light on me at which point i can see my shoes and jeans are covered in blood splatter from the praire dog. Cops cool i explained everything and he basically was just checkin for paperwork and that i wasnt drunk. So i get on my way 3 miles from home i see an oncoming grand prix get into the left turn lane just a few seconds ahead of me, now keep in mind bright headlights along with neons all over the inner fairings and a reflective jacket...I get this feeling she's gonna turn in front of me, get my fingers up to the brake and clutch as she swings a left into the gas station i feel the rear lock nose dive the bike and get my feet out to save it within 2 feet of plowing into her pass door...and she still doesnt even look over, so i'm furious swing a right into the second entrance pull up behind her and get off the bike and proceed to lay into her and i mean lay into her and she says well maybe you shouldnt ride a motorcycle then i said well maybe i should kill you right F****** here so you dont kill a biker, now i got a crowd of people gathering around me telling me to calm down, covered in blood when guess who shows up...a freind of mine that was on the other side of the gas station and saw the whole thing....followed by the same sheriff deputy that stopped me earlier for being on the sidewalk...needless to say i just got on the bike and went home. Bike didnt get alot of mess on it, little on the front and underside my jeans however got hosed off in the driveway with my shoes and then washed 4 times to finally come out clean. Rant over

Old 06-05-2010, 11:52 PM

WOW! I would have slap that bitch! glad you made it home

Old 06-06-2010, 12:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The motorcycle gods where either looking after you or having a laugh at you're expense.
Just one of those things would have been enough.
Should have pointed to the blood on you're pants & told that women you just had an altercation with some other dick driver.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:13 AM

You scored six points tonight.

Glad you're okay and nothing bad came from the confrontation. I probably would've lost it with the "maybe you shouldn't ride a motorcycle" line.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

it hurts my eyes to read a post with no paragraphs. ;(

Old 06-06-2010, 03:38 AM

you gotta be kidding me. id go ballistic if i had rodent blood all over my bike and jeans.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:05 AM

I too would have lost it with the motorcycle bit. Some people need to reread their drivers manual. Funkers!

Old 06-06-2010, 09:48 PM

Suprisingly enough the rodent guts bothered me more than the drivers. I was expecting it to get a bit better later in the season where more drivers are seeing the bikers back out, but its just not happening. Just gotta pay attention and be ready for it. After the maybe you shouldnt ride a motorcycle comment i just said screw it the biatch was dumb! really wasnt gonna win that one.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:19 PM

Should have given her a ****room stamp of stupid right on the forehead.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Nex

Best part of the story was when you came out okay, with no tickets, and no damage to the bike I give you credit for being able to not stab someone who responds ignorantly to a situation where they are clearly in the wrong. I was break checked 5 times today by a woman in an Suv....after the first 3 I figured she was doing it on purpose, the fourth time she stopped dead from 30mph and looked at me in the mirror. She pulled into a gas station, and I had to go on by. If I'd have stopped I would have killed her.

*Edit* Forgot to mention I was NOT riding her A$$ by any means. I was 2 full seconds behind her, and then 3 when she started acting goofy.

Quick Reply: I hate eventful rides