Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

i finaly went down and the girl was w me

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i finaly went down and the girl was w me

well fellas it happend last night. i was riding in the dark w my girl and the curve came out of nowhere. we topped a hill and there it was, we made it abuot half the way through the corner when it got sharper. i noticed i was way to hot and came out of the lean to try to ride it out cause there was a ditch and just an open feild. when i went over the ditch i didnt see the hump and got airborne. the guy that was with me said we were a good ten feet in the air. it was when we landed that my girl fell off and i stayed on the bike till somthing told me to grab the front brake on grass. intelligent huh. the bike hit the ground w me on it probably around 50ish or so. she has a broken toe and some scrapes, i got a broken collarbone scrapes and brouses. lucky if u ask me. my bike(1000rr 04) isnt too bad i dont think but it needs alot of plastic. a little advice, SLOW DOWN on roads u dont know. i cant wait to put the bike back together and start doing wheelies and cuttin corners again but itll be a while since i cant work. good luck people and dont make the same mistakes i did, this sh^$ sucks in a bad way

Old 07-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Default RE: i finaly went down and the girl was w me

Roket..glad to hear no one was weriusly injured or killed...they had a short section during the MSF about overriding your headlight at night..not to preach because youve learned the hardest lesson but we need to ride a lil smarter in situations like that...ahhh im sure youll hear it enuff from other people.....glad everyone is ok once again...heal quick

Old 07-21-2006, 01:51 PM

amen to not riding fast on roads you don't know....even if you are familiar with it at night u never know what is around the bend.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, good to hear you guys are not too banged up. were both of you guys geared up? either way, glad everything will be ok, bet you'll never hear the end of this one.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:27 PM

Glad to hear yall aren't too bad. Good to hear this isn't hurting your riding spirt!!

Old 07-21-2006, 04:30 PM

nope we were in short sleave shirts and jeans. it was too hot for jackets so i thought. my mistake. lesson learned. thats one of the reasons i aimed for the grass. could have been alot worse.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:35 PM

MSF course highlights:

#1 most accidents with other people happen at intersections.
#2 most accidents that happen by yourself is entering a turn too fast.

Most stupid thing is to not wear gear you own and have already paid for due to some lame excuse like heat.

EDIT:: Sorry for adding insult to injury, lol. I do feel bad that you had an accident, sucks.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:18 PM

its cool i should have worn my gear but i cant change that now. thanks for the openion man. and it does suck pretty bad but its all good.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:46 PM

yea it couldnt have been too hot at night... i live in florida and wear my **** in the heat

Old 07-21-2006, 06:03 PM

yep, werd. I locked up the rear with a girl on it, and went down. Went over a curb into some grass. I was going too fast on a road I didnt know. Worst night of my life.

DONT GO HARD WITH A PASSENGER UNLESS YOUR ON A STRAIGHT *** ROAD!!!

Seriously. Know the road like the back of your hand before you take a passenger. If it's now, go below the speed limit.

Your wreck was a little worse, mine we both walked with nothing broken.

Quick Reply: i finaly went down and the girl was w me