Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I was at a dealership and....

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I was at a dealership and....

ORIGINAL: CBRCorey
I regret ever buying a honda. They are slow and expensive.
Interesting, Corey, the Gixxer lists for about $8900. Are you saying that you have that kind of cash to blow? Can I have a loan? If you are talking used machines, you can find a good deal for any manufacturer, just got to find the right deal. And as far as them being slow, I agree...160+ mph just isn't enough to get yourself killed. I work for the biggest rental chain in the United States (United Rentals), and we do not buy anything unless it has a Honda on it. You pull 'em once and they start. That is the reliability of Honda. Sorry you have had some bad luck.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:57 PM

Thanks for all you comments. I will go back to the dealership and sit on them some more hopefully with no one around... i just want a bike that i like...and that darn one headlight is growing on me....anyways..thanks again...and welcome to post more comments...
I dont have any friends that ride bikes..i will be the first...well not really one has a ninja636 but i dont like it too much...and another had a suzuki but T-boned a car (driver didnt see him when she turned left...and then proceeded to leave until someon stopped her..and then she says "i didnt know he hit me"...yeah i wouldnt hear/feel a crash.) sorry off topic but yeah im just gonna sit and maybe find ppl who have ridden both bikes...thanks again...

Old 10-04-2006, 02:37 AM

One more little tidbit of information for you: In the past year and a half at the shop I work at, I've had to replace 5 EXVCA (exhaust valve control actuators) on GSXR 600s, 750sc and 100s (very pricey, but usu. warranteed). I've had to adjust the exhaust valve cables at least 20 times. And I've had to replace an entire muffler from a 1000 because the exhaust valve corroded and froze open. Number of problems I've had with Honda exhaust valves: 0. Yamaha also makes a very reliable bike. I just totally dislike Suzuki's FI/exhaust system.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:30 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRCorey

You need some sense knocked into you? Get a SUZUKI. I regret ever buying a honda. They are slow and expensive. And my personal experience with honda is terrible.
No offense, but judging from your avatar photo, your bike looks like it's had the crap beaten out of it and brought back from the dead a few too many times. Maybe that's why you've got some problems with yours. Not sure why you bought it in the first place though after your high opinion of Susucki.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:10 AM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore
Other than motrorcycles, Suzuki makes: some seriously crappy and untrustworthy cars.
My Suzuki Jimny is an unstoppable beast!! crappy cars... I oughta...

Also, Suzuki made David Suzuki and he's and environmentalist...

Say to the salesman that you'll take the 1000 for the same price as the 600 you were siting on...

Old 10-06-2006, 03:11 AM

you know what you should do. take someone with you that can hold the bike straight and you can sit on it. like someone said in an earlier post, get what fits YOU best. i wasnt a fan of ANY particular bike. i went to a dealer with my brother, and this is what i thought. I don't like green, and i dont like the styling. so no kawi. too many f**king colors on that gsxr, and looking at it from the front, it looks like the alien from "predator." so no suzuki. YES, i eliminated the first two because of styling. like everyone will tell you here, there may be a faster bike, but putting it on the street with you riding means "who the hell cares which one goes .2 seconds faster and has 5 more hp." get the one you FEEL GOOD on. don't put performance first. So all that was left was yamaha and honda. i sat back and forth on both of those damn bikes for a good 30 to 45 min, realizing only a few differences. Number one: I freakin HATE the idea of guessing how much gas i have. I LOVE my honda's gas guage. Two: DAMN that undertail exhaust looks fine. Three: this was my first bike, and im one of those people that hate driving in a straight line. magazines and reviews all pointed to honda when looking for... NOT THE BEST.... but the most "userfriendly, hop on and go, welcome friend handling. hell, that's what they're all about anyway, right? 600's are better on the twisties! so if i suck on a bike, why not get the one that's gonna help me out the most? i don't need a bike to give me a hard time. And four: by sitting back and forth, i realized that hondas reach to the handlebars was the closest. what that did for me it seemed was put me in a more forward position, as opposed to feeling "farther back" on the yamaha. I feel more centered with the honda stance, and it took me 30 to 45 min jumping back and forth to realize it. That's why I got honda. maybe you'll like the way ANOTHER bike feels. Honda's not the best for EVERYONE. plus, i wish I had a bike that told me what gear I'm in. that would be as helpful as a gas guage. So take someone with you, and sit and tinker with every bike, till you find one you like... or one that has more things you like about it than the other one.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so let me get this straight....you are a new rider, that wants to buy a brand new 600rr OR a brand new gsxr600?

my advice, get neither. they are not suited for a new rider which has been stated over and over and over again. look on craigslist and get yourself something used....once you get comfortable and all the drops out of the way, then go get a new bike if you would like. but i definitely wouldnt get something dubbed Racing Replica as your first bike.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kawasaki also makes drills!

get what you like mang...but i would suggest maybe used if it's your first bike...and 600...fine, but be real careful.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:33 PM

Gear indicatator light on a GSXR, WOW!!!! maybe you should stick with the HONDA becuase its reliable and its the best bike out there and maybe somthing a little more forgiving than an RR, like an older F model till you get used to the handling, then maybe move up in a couple of years

Old 10-06-2006, 02:23 PM

no im not buying new...i am gonna get a used one...but thanks for the advice...and for looking out..

Quick Reply: I was at a dealership and....