Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I.C.C. - Needs Motorcyclist Warning?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I.C.C. - Needs Motorcyclist Warning?

hipster dufuses [8D] get with the times and technology meng, I bet you all think automated coffee makers with timers can't be trusted either. It' s not laziness .. it's improving lifestyle .. you could also pick up dirt off your floor by hand but the iRobot automatic vacuum cleaner is noice. Whi.le I see no need for cruise control on day-to-day commutes, on long trips it's nice to ha.ve ... it saves fuel and creates less fatigue. Embrace it people, hollywood has made you bel.ieve intelligent computer chips are going to take over the world lol [ inse.rt pic of mr. evil stroking kitty here ]

p.s. Voodoo, they had a show on Discovery whe.re they showed a company had developed an auto steer of sorts. The purpose was to solve the hell that is urban traffic jams. It's a system wh.ere when you enter the highway, it becomes li.ke a train system w/out the tracks wh.ere the lead car has a magnetic effect on all vehicles behind it and steers them automatically. It showed this would "hypothetically" eliminate any crashes (all cars are 5 inches apart pulled by magnetic system li.ke the french supertrain), eliminate speeding tickets (as every.one would be going speed limit), save gas, etc.. when you disconnect to pull off an exit, the next car gets pulled up automatically .. I'm positive it'll never come to fruition for a variety of reasons but it was interesting and opens the doors to new ideas.

Speaking of tech, check out theis hybrid motorcycle:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/900692...rs_info20_com/

Old 08-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I.C.C. - Needs Motorcyclist Warning?

^ It looks l i k e a toilet with wheels!

Yeah, and what voodoo said.. who drives when they're behind the wheel anyhow? I know I spend all of my time in the car on this website, I balance the laptop on the steering wheel and get to posting. Plus if I have any phone calls to make it's the perfect time to get them done.. the whole controlling my vehicle part is entirely secondary.