Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I became a really bad driver all the sudden?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 04:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I became a really bad driver all the sudden?

Hey guys, Happy new years.
So here's my problem. I love riding more than any sport and I own a F2 and 954. I pretty much ride all year long as long as it doesnt snow and rain too much. So for the past 6 months, I have been riding more than usual. Now what im gonna talk about is different.

I and we need to figure out whats going on with me. Recenty, it snowed and rained alot here in Washington state so I didnt ride as much and then I started driving my corolla. All the sudden, I have been such a careless driver and god knows for what reason.

I swear to God that in past I have been such a good driver, also i dont do stupid stuff when i ride but i did something very stupid lately which made me feel like a dumb ***.

Tonight, I took a left in a one way street in to one comming traffic, people were just soooo pissed and honking ( this guy gave me a really mean look , damn i felt bad) Soon I realized and reversed. Also, same night, I was going straight on one way street and i figured i needed to get somewhere and then i took a U turn and start driving backwards in oncomming traffic and forgot that it was one way road untill a guy yelled out really loud "One way" then I took an exit when it was safe

Now im trying to say that I use to be a really good driver and never really did anything stupid like that before (only within first week of getting my drivers license and 5 years later, now!)

So whats going on? Is it cuz I have been riding for such a long time that I forgot the atticates of driving. So whats your take on this situation?
Im just soo tired and stressed out. Im gonna go pass out! Happy new years everyone

Last edited by superlund; 01-01-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:40 AM

I sometimes find that I can't park a cage after long periods of riding a bike. Sounds like ur just not using your head though....

Old 01-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just take a moment when you get in your car to think clearly about what you're about to do. In aviation, we have a checklist that we go through b/f flight ops. This helps to remind us of procedures & put us in the mindset of what we are about to do...makes us safer & more focused. So, be proactive in your thoughts, not just reactive. Mainly, just focus on what your doing. You'll be ok.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:04 PM

Maybe get your eyes checked...You are missing the signs.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:40 PM

And maybe let all of us know when you will be on the road?

Old 01-01-2011, 01:55 PM

No offense...but you sound kind of like an Ohio cager. All I can say is try to get your head back in the game.

That being said, most one way roads/streets seem to run the wrong way, so I can see how one could mistake the travel direction.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:20 PM

Yeah I dont drink or anything that can affect my driving but that has never happened before!

Old 01-01-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Maybe get your eyes checked...You are missing the signs.
I have a small disability since birth. My left eye can not move towards the left. Everything else i fine. Like I said, that has never affected the way I drove before. I have my license for a long time now. I dont speed, etc. Wierd huh! I guess its just once in a while thingy!

Old 01-01-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by xander f4i
no offense...but you sound kind of like an ohio cager. All i can say is try to get your head back in the game.

That being said, most one way roads/streets seem to run the wrong way, so i can see how one could mistake the travel direction.
lol

Old 01-01-2011, 03:27 PM

I have a phobia now, of going in wrong directions! Damn I had nightmares last night ROFL! Maybe I need to go out and ride to feel the road again!

Quick Reply: I became a really bad driver all the sudden?