Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hyosung

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hyosung

We have had them here for a while now, they came out with 250cc versions & then with 650cc. They are also going to releasing a 1000cc+ soon. Their gaining popularity here as a LAMS bike (Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme) Learners here are restricted to a power to weight ratio, and the Hyosung's here, have a limiter thats fitted for learners, with the idea that it only costs a few bucks to have them removed when you get your full license. Their motor is based on the SV650. A few guys around here have formed a club, fitted aftermarket pipes & so on. They rave about em for the price they paid (few grand less the the Suzuki, read: Ozzie dollars) I sort of think that they are a bit like the Korean cars, offering a cheaper alternative. Like the cars they will have a few probs here and there, but I think that in a couple of years they will be pretty close. They don't pretend to be any more than wot they are.
They would not release them on the American market unless they thought that had their act together (you guys are the yard stick).
I think they used Australia and a few other countries 1st to work out the probs.
One of our bike mags did a project bike. This is a link to their review of one:
http://www.roadrider.com.au/bikes_-_...ng_comet_gt650

Old 11-09-2006, 02:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hyosung = crap

stay with the big 4

Old 11-09-2006, 03:03 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Leveltwo

hyosung = crap
Maybe they should change their name to Hyo-dung...

Old 11-10-2006, 12:59 AM

hyosung has a lot in common with hyundai, kia, daewoo, etc...... namely, you will never find my name on the title to any of them, lol

hyosung= harley davidson east

Old 11-10-2006, 01:15 AM

hyosung = oh **** I just bought a **** box. The blue in the pic you posted looks identical to the 2000/2002 Suzuki SV650. If that is the case and she likes that bike. Get a used SV for HALF the price. Plus its from a brand that you know of. Plus you can get some killer aftermarket parts for the SV's. Not the **** box brand.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:35 AM

V-chyle's wife's 250 ninja, was right on the money... good bike too. ex 500 kaw, zook SV, (the real one) not the nock off, these are good bikes. Hozers's, are NOT even close !!!! I'd not put my daughter on one... I want the quality and engineering of the big four companys. Hozers look cool at a glance, but they are about like those junk bikes, schucks sells... try and get resale value... awe, so sorry !!!!!!!!!!! they don't handle/ have power/ reliability/ dealer network/ resale, of any of the many tried and true bikes of the "real" Zook SV catigory. I think in time, if they aspire to equality w/ the big four... it'l take a while( bet the never make it )... but for right now, the almost "everything' lacking, is just not going to provide the entry level ride "happy experiance", another( almost any) will provide. Hey!!!! they need the OCC chopper name on 'em !!!!!!!!!
As for not presented as more than, what they are... I'll bet you'll never hear a desperate dealer/ seller, say that !!!!!!!!!!!!! Kind of like the desperation in a buel blast owners voice !!!!!!!!!!!( and I think there way better entry/ quality bikes, than the "hozer" !!!!!!!!)
If they build SV 1000/ k1/ bandit nockoffs... w/ the level of quality/engineering even close to now... people will die !!!!!!! WOW, USD forks (pretend) 80's low technoledgy, meets 2000's (nockoff)BS.!!!!!!!!! Kind of like "vomit jelly beans", "looks", like a good one !!!!!!!! PITUEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!
Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 11-10-2006, 02:39 AM
Retired Moderator

Rippn always has a way of flowing that says just what I felt...clean and free, my man!

Old 11-10-2006, 03:02 AM

Thanks chyl... hey, does the wifey's 250, rev to 14,000 rpm, like the first ones did???!!!!! ( I hope you don't get caught(by her) check'n that out !!!!!!!!)

Now, about that hi-beam gig...!!!!!!!!!

Clean and free, and have'n a blast in the GREAT PACIFIC NORTH WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Ripp'n

Old 11-10-2006, 03:05 AM
Retired Moderator

Sho' nuff, Rippn, and if we put the Muzzy exhaust on it, it's gonna sound like a eight cylinder weed eater!

Old 11-10-2006, 11:47 AM

+1 on either 250 ninja's or 650sv's. Both good bikes, both are cheap.