Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hurt my baby

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurt my baby

Well i havnt been on here in sometime, but yea this past august i went the road course again and was going awesome..then i decided to hot lap and did this...Im really happy cause i didnt do much damage. But still stucks

If this isnt proof that the frame sliders are worth every penny your insane...it saved the bike. I basically hit and snapped off my left peg cause i can down to fast in a really tight hair pin turn. Just wasnt thinkin striaght and ended up with the wind knocked outta me. My leathers didnt even show and damage either. I got off so easily...my friend on the other hand didnt. But this hasnt broke my spirit as many of the awesome racers were saying i was doing awesome for a second track day. Any one help me locate some of the damaged parts?

Old 12-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hurt my baby

Ouch!!! But yea framesliders are definitely a lifesaver! I didn't have any when I went down on the highway back in '05, and it slid on the right side so far it just ground a big hole completely through the fairing, scratched the timing chain/clutch cover, and stripped the insulation off the clutch cable.

Check ebay and craigslist for parts... might take a lil while to find your colors and whatnot in good condition, but there's always tons of bike parts that come and go there. Or if you want to buy new, www.servicehonda.com will have about the best prices you'll find on new OEM parts

Glad you were alright though... bike can always be fixed. Doesn't look too bad either just some minor rash and a few hard parts. Good luck!!

Old 12-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hurt my baby

Sorry to hear about the bike.It really sucks but aleast the frame sliders held up.I know when I wrecked mine at 130mph it saved the whole left side of the engine case.Hope your alright.You'll haveit back together in no time.Good luck and drive safer next time.HAHA