Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

hpw hard do you push yourself on the street?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpw hard do you push yourself on the street?

hey guys i was wondering how hard you push it on the street. me personally i am a wuss so i am always scared of the what if. i would have to say i am pushing myself at about 70% just in case something happens i am not all out and can't maneuver. oh and i'm talking about curves not straightaways.

Old 06-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Default RE: hpw hard do you push yourself on the street?

I'm still pretty wet behind the ears out there, so I'd say I probably only push it about 30-40%. But each time, I try to do something a little harder, little better, little faster (i.e. onramps, curves, passing, etc...) just to refine my skills a little bit more, and to get a better sense of just what my bike is capable of.

Old 06-02-2006, 06:01 PM

personally, i have days where all i can think about is the idiot who's going to pull out in front of me or the dog that's gonna come out from nowhere to chase me down, but i'm having less and less of those days. usually it's after someone does something stupid to remind me that sh*t happens and that i don't really feel like hitting the pavement at 120mph. it's also nice to have my hubby and my friends trying to help me become a better rider and to be a little less scared about what could happen so i can have a little more fun while ridin' the twisties.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:56 PM

Every day is different, depends on traffic, physical state (how hard your day was ect…). However for me I take it easy. I am very new to this kind of ride. Been on the Harley for the last six years and they are nothing alike. Every ride I learn something new. Eventually I hope to progress to a decent rider, but until then still learning. Just don’t push beyond your limits, I know it hurts. Lost my first Harley that way. Ride safe.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:39 PM

I'd say I push myself about 75-80 percent, I get ballsy here and there at times especially down Highway61, It has 5-25mph turns in a row with really small straightaways in between, I normally take them around 65 except one, its a blind corner.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:25 AM

yeah i'd say 75% for me as well. some days a litte more and some days a bit less.

Old 06-03-2006, 02:19 PM

On the street i cruze, but in the local canyons that i am familiar 100 % last weekend i went i was dragging knee and everything but than i hurt my left knee at work so i cant do that for about a month

Old 06-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Retired Mod

i would have to say that i push myself about 40-50% most of the time. there are those days when i go harder, but they are getting few and far between (a couple slides down the road will do that to you.) as stated above, you cannot control what other drivers will do. you also never know when that rabid loose dog will decide to run at you. and around here, deer are an always-present hazzard. and then there are the road conditions. how do you know if around that blind curve is a broken down car? or oil dry from a wreck the night before? or the potholes that seem to appear overnight? i probably overthink everything, but i'll save my speed for those few trackdays.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:40 PM

Depends on the day but I push it a little here and there. Comes more with each year of riding. Although no matter how good I thought I was, at 100+ when a deer ran out in front of me, 2 times in the same week, on the same stretch of road, it freaks you out. And you want to take it easy for awhile.

Old 06-03-2006, 06:48 PM

well seeing as how i dont have that much experience under my belt, i tend to keep it on the relativley easy side say 30-50% but when i start getting some track time under my belt.... LOOK OUT ROSSI HERE I COME lol j/k

Quick Reply: hpw hard do you push yourself on the street?