Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How was your weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How was your weekend?

Days leading up to it were kinda crappy. My brother texted me and asked me when I was free to celebrate my bday (mind you, you're lucky if my brother remembers your birthday or even acknowledges it).. So I went up there saturday.. I beat him to his place cause he was at the store and when we got inside he had a big cake with, "Happy Birthday Meghan," on it. And he asked me what I wanted for dinner... He had stuff to make or he was willing to take me out. He seemed most excited about the chicken so we did that. Basically lots of salt, sugar, thyme and lemons in a bag to marinate the chicken... as the chicken soaked we watched my niece play basketball. Then you drain it, pat it with paper towels, stuff the inside with thyme leaves and pepper, then oil the outside and pepper it as well..

He insisted on buying me a gift and he had a couple other errands to run.. so we went to ace hardware. He wanted to buy me a baby weber grill, he was bummed when I told him we aren't allowed to grill at my apt complex. Then he was looking at flashlights asking me how I felt about them.. And then knives. He got me a swiss army knife. I'm excited.

I played more games this weekend then I think I ever have in my life. Blokus, cards, monopoly speed, creationary (with legos.. its awesome!!), and bucky *****. And my niece asked me to spend the night.. so I obliged. The next day we watched mythbusters, a documentary about tesla and her fave show, fear factor. Oh yeah and we watched anger management which was hilarious.

Can't believe how smart my niece is.. she's 8 and she beats my *** at cards and monopoly... and she will just sit and take everything in. My brother has her involved in a lot of activities: basketball, judo, soccer, geocaching, she's been trying out for plays, honors math, special spanish program she got selected for at her school, she helps cook, build hobby rockets, and I know I'm forgetting things.. She and her mom made the news :

I felt special this weekend and I had a lot of fun... How about you?

Old 02-21-2011, 12:54 PM
2011 Ride of the Year
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first off happy bday. sounds like you had sweet time.

i picked my first bike friday and rode it home. than saturday i rode it all day in 35* weather which was cold but lots of fun, i have learned a lot about my bike that day.
yesterday i replaced mt tail light with integrated tail and today i picked some parts for the passenger brake lights mod. so this weekend was one of the best in the long time.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dammit!

I checked the calendar and knew I forgot someone! Happy Birthday Meggers!

Old 02-21-2011, 01:16 PM

You didn't forget, it's the 25th. haha I'll be 24. Thanks guys! :-)

Old 02-21-2011, 04:59 PM

haha i turned 24 on the 5th and my mum calls me to wish me happy bday and i completely forgot my own bday! i felt like an idiot.

i slapped some michelin 2cts on the 600rr. it was a good weekend.

nice turtle

Old 02-21-2011, 07:09 PM

scorpionvmu, congrats on your bike.. that's awesome! :-)

Old 02-21-2011, 08:43 PM

happy bday, sounds like an awesome weekend.

i push started my bike friday, took it out to my moms b/c i dont have a garage to work on it. my mom took me and the wife out to eat at applebees, which was nice. saturday night got the right fairing off and took off the exhaust to clean. but my wife was with me and didnt want to stay at my moms all night so thats all i got done.

Purdue did beat Ohio State sunday, which was pretty awesome, were up to #8 now. overall a pretty good weekend

Old 02-21-2011, 09:43 PM

awww great story!

Old 02-22-2011, 01:21 AM

I had a awesome weekend. Started off with work on saturday from 8-5:30 then I drove up to Wisco to hang out with my girlfriend for the first time since...September? So yeah it was good ESPECIALLY since we just walked around on the beach and talked.

And I chopped my subframe off today so I'm all excited about that.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:45 AM

14 inches of snow..... 1 more month... just 1 more month..... maybe 2