Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How you ride now ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008 | 02:22 PM
Default RE: How you ride now ...

Group rides scare me. Too many people to make something bad happen, and too much attention from the five-oh. The police around here LOVE group rides, perfect opportunity to pull people over for no reason.

I usually go alone but like riding with 1 or 2 other people and thats it.

Old 04-27-2008 | 09:41 PM

I feel the same, I like riding solo but also like to ride in small groups of trusted friends. If it's a larger group I always ride last in the pack so I go at my own pace.

Old 04-27-2008 | 10:11 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

I agree with my Latin-loving, orange-Speedo wearing, bungalow dwelling friend--you never know when some crazy bitch is going to use her vagina to get inside your checking account...
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 04-27-2008 | 10:22 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

Our normal "Sunday Ride" is a mixed group of litre class and bigger bikes, around 8-10 most of the time - I generally ride at the back, as I don't want to hold back any of the quicker bikes, and also can stay out of the middle pack, which I hate riding in. We've all ridden together for the past couple of years now, and know each other's style and abilities. Road discipline's pretty good, which isn't saying that you can't pull out and blast away to the front if you feel the need.
I get really itchy when we have new riders, whose skill levels I don't know, and who seem to think they should impress us by riding too close, and too fast for the conditions.
They get told - VERY quickly-
Also, it's said that for every rider more than 4 in a group the chances of an accident are doubled...........
After breakfast, and coming back from bike rallies, I ride alone, and love the solitude, and the best time to ride is as the sun rises......

Old 04-27-2008 | 10:54 PM

There's only 2 people I get to ride with - that's my Dad and my friend Derrick
I have to keep a really slow pace for them since Derrick only has 600 miles experience on his 08 600rr and my dad rides a VTX

Until Derrick can keep up I prefer to ride solo

Old 04-27-2008 | 10:55 PM
Banned

I'm a loner...I like to go the speed and direction I choose.

Old 04-28-2008 | 12:22 AM

As far as my daily driving... we ride 3 total. With these guys, I'm not afraid to go into a turn right behind them, as they are not with me. We know each others riding patterns and have them down well. Of course we do leave room for error. This summer I should be riding with 5 - 7 bikes.... definately a little weary like you said.

Old 04-28-2008 | 12:52 AM

I usually ride with one or two other guys, but everyonce in a while ill go out on my own, I dont really have nothing against riding in bigger groups though. Me and my cousins used to go out, me on my bike and them in there cars and go riding/driving together, I find it relaxing no matter who im riding with just as long as i can get out, and its always a plus to have the company of good fam and friends around.

Old 04-28-2008 | 03:37 AM

I do group rides organized by my club and we will be like 70 - 100 bikes. Of course the ride will be marshalled. It will be a reallyweary ride since larger groups makes the trip more slower with frequent stops as well. And once stop, it will like take time forever to start get moving again!! I would have quit riding with this bunch of *** holes but the club do organize nice trips thatI know its impossible for me to go alone.

I do ride with my own sets of friends like 5 -7 of us which i enjoy the most. No rules just ride. But since I'm staying quite far from them I have to ride solo at times.

Old 04-28-2008 | 05:57 AM

The only group riding I've ever done was at the MSF Basic. Not that that was group riding. The closest I've come to group riding on the streets is when harley pulled into the 2nd slot and when I pulled up next to a Shadow rider, who felt compelled to point out that my F2 had rash on the left side. Just occurred to me, that people must think I'm a squid when it was just user error (didn't check tire pressure and took 10 mph spill in a parking lot). Oh well.

Quick Reply: How you ride now ...