Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

how would this make you feel?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how would this make you feel?

OK here is the story I went out to a local club a couple weeks ago with some friends.. one of them got so drunk that I could not let him get in his truck and drive so I stayed there for 3 hours and waited it out. got him some coffee and let him puke then an hour after that he was good enough to drive.. I would have drove him but I didn't have my car available at the time.
so last night he called me drunk and in a somber mood...left a voice mail saying. thanking me for not letting him drive drunk that time and that someone who was there last night left him to ride his bike home drunk.
I am going to talk to him about not drinking when out on the bike. but the fact he called me to tell me made me feel good about staying with him that night.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Default RE: how would this make you feel?

Im glad u showed a lil tact by not lettinmg your friend drive home drunk.But bottom line B...he needs help..if he is getting drunk and driving home...albeit bike truck tractor...whatever..we all know drinking and driving kills....PERIOD..weve all had our fair share of close calls but there has to come a time in our lives when enough is enough...if he is gonna drink maybe tell him to take a Designated driver..im all for having a good time but not for killin someone over a few too many Sam's....ya know...its nice to know ya helped him out....

Old 09-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats awesome. Good job not letting him go ut and be a risk to himself and others. I will have a few and drive the cage, but there is no way I will drink more than a beer and mount up. Just not gonna happen. When the vehicle is so dependant upon rider position and control, being drunk on a bike is so much stupider than in a cage. Not than im endorsing driving a cage drunk or anything.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Banned

being drunk on a bike is so much stupider than in a cage
Tell that to those guys on Harleys for their weekly Poker runs.

Orange, your buddy needs help. He won't stop until something happens to him or someone close to him or even someone he just knows. But almost NOBODY learns their leeson before it is too late. Good luck and all you can do is try.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

I've often wondered what possesses people to open or go to a 'biker bar'. That is just so contradictory and ignorant.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Orange, your buddy needs help. He won't stop until something happens to him or someone close to him or even someone he just knows. But almost NOBODY learns their leeson before it is too late. Good luck and all you can do is try.
Good point! How many threads have we seen with drunks killing others? Way too many. If you're going to drink, get a DD or stay at home.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Mad

Way too go. It's good you were looking not only after your friend but those who could've gotten hurt because he drove drunk.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:28 PM

Good job BlindinO --- and kudos to your buddy for recognizing your good deed. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-12-2007, 10:31 PM

I don't know at least on a bike you have a far smaller chance of not taking an innocent family with you

Old 09-12-2007, 10:52 PM

good stuff not letting him drive home drunk. when i party in town... i walk home lol. sometimes itll take me a 1/2 but ino i wont get pulled over... unless i start yakin it or something but i dont drink more than i can handle. or me and my friends get a dd. but you should deff give him a good talking to about the whole riding drinking thing....

Quick Reply: how would this make you feel?