Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How Not To Get Pulled Over

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Not To Get Pulled Over

I believe a 600 f4 is just as fast as a ducati 749 in a quarter mile correct? or is the 600 faster?

Old 11-28-2005, 10:26 PM

don't you go to jail if you go over double the speed limit...endangerment and excessive use of speed...something like that???

Old 11-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Retired Administrator

In most states... you can be arrested on the spot for any reckless driving offense. I've looked into that... reckless can be anywhere from 20 over (most states) but can be just 10 over. In some states where the speed limit reaches 70 mph, they consider 80mph reckless. Ouch. I've had a co-worker do 20 some odd days for .... drum roll.... 5 reckless citation in just over a year. He was on a gixxer, hit an on ramp and by the time he made it to the road.... he was doing over 120mph... right in front of a highway patrol... oops. Straight to jail... he was still waiting for the court date on #4 reckless. He sold his bike.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:44 PM

Now that I think of it I have never seen a motorcycle pulled over that I can think of. And I see tons of them.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:47 PM

Also I was going through town and by a city cop, and I have no idea who it was and he waved to me?!? no idea I thought I was dreaming. Maybe he was saying I'll see you in a bit? or he just had respect for me... HAHAHAAHAHA probably not

Old 11-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Retired Administrator

A lot of cops ride bikes.... unfortunately, Harleys, so they don't always like us. But it’s a new age and I seem to get along fine with a lot of hog riders. I passed two cops last night going to the video store. I was trying to test out my -1 in the front and never got a chance. The first one was when I pulled out of my neighborhood. I noticed him as my speedo read 45 (in a 35) 1st gear.. Then nose dive to slow down as he passed me. The 2nd one was one of the hidden cars (no lights hiding beside a building off the street) at the same stretch of road, same speed, same story. Probably the same cop watching me. It’s knida obvious that we’re slowing down fast when we compress our front suspension and the headlights dive. I gave up and went home.

Old 11-29-2005, 12:24 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

In most states... you can be arrested on the spot for any reckless driving offense. I've looked into that... reckless can be anywhere from 20 over (most states) but can be just 10 over. In some states where the speed limit reaches 70 mph, they consider 80mph reckless. Ouch. I've had a co-worker do 20 some odd days for .... drum roll.... 5 reckless citation in just over a year. He was on a gixxer, hit an on ramp and by the time he made it to the road.... he was doing over 120mph... right in front of a highway patrol... oops. Straight to jail... he was still waiting for the court date on #4 reckless. He sold his bike.
I did that in front of (thank you God) a motorcycle cop...he just waved me to slow it down....I think he was jealous

Old 11-29-2005, 12:25 AM

Yea that tends to give it aways but it doesn't matter because what they have on the radar is what counts. If they see u flying and slam on your brakes then they shoot you at the speed limit they cant do anything about it even though they knew in there mind you where speeding. But if they are mad enough they would keep an eye on you. I'm sure they dont care if you are out screwing around aways from everyone as long as you dont put others in danger and bothering people. Other than that they probably think its pretty sweet. Just my thought

Old 11-29-2005, 09:25 AM

Something funny i saw, while riding out to biketoberfest. We were headed down I-4, and, we come up on a pack of sportbikes, about 5 all together, and, i slowed to see if they were alright, and, to my suprise, there was a harley cop that had pulled em all over. All4 bikes stopped. It was just funny lookin to me.

Tylor

Old 11-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Retired Administrator

Are you sure he had them pulled over.... you said the cop was on a Harley right? So when he was in the breakdown lane trying to figure out why he was out of oil or the engine stopped, the sport bike guys stopped to help.

Quick Reply: How Not To Get Pulled Over