Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How much have you talked your salesmen down?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 04:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brand new bikes are overrated, unless you're a paid racer, or have enough money that it just doesn't matter. My brother bought a brand new 1000cc gsxr. He kept it for about a year, then got rid of it. Personally, I would rather pay a little over a grand for my used f2, look and ride just as well, than pay several thousand for that new smell. But I don't make 60+ grand a year.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer i got my new bike from told me when they realized i was actually interested in buying it, "dont ask about the price it isnt going any lower' first thing they said to me after greeting me thru the door lol.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stretch_the_apex
The dealer i got my new bike from told me when they realized i was actually interested in buying it, "dont ask about the price it isnt going any lower' first thing they said to me after greeting me thru the door lol.
Damn. That's funny a little and really Futted up (Can we cuss in here). Un-Friggin-Believable. Yeah, motorcycle dealerships are hit and miss. I hear some pretty crazy stories on "sales/customer service" side of things.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:53 AM

yea it was kinda funny, but the sales man had called me for the past couple months before that letting me know how much the price was goin down, so that last one was the one when i was there when they said it wasnt going any lower so dont ask lol. but they dropped the price 2500 in 2 months, wonder how much mark up really is on most of these bikes.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:33 AM

Here's a vid of a guy talking about the best way to buy a new car using what he calls "Game Theory". I'm sure this would also work with new Motorcycles if you tried it. I think buying new is not worth the money unless you make grande dinero but if I was going to buy new than this might be the best way ever to haggle.