Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How many times have you wrecked? Stories please

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many times have you wrecked? Stories please

first and only..went down goin around 50, hit a car and landed in a nice pile of sharp rocks. nothing broken, just my hand gouged out to the bone and now ive got some nice scars. Every fairing on the bike got damaged. just ordered myseelf a new set! The pic in my avatar was about 2 weeks after the accident, stitches still in my hand...lol..i just had to get back on.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:47 PM

Twice on my first scoot.

Lucky to be alive after the second one.

Not sure what the future holds...

Old 02-13-2008, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: mrb

Wow JD, I should be thankful I was able to walk away without broken bones or stitches. I was also able to ride that same road again the next day on my backup bike (starter bike). I had to get back on the horse, my dad wrecked years ago and hasnt been able to ride since and I didnt want that mental block screwing with me like it did him..
Oh i wanted to be riding about a week later! but im only 17 (as was i when i wrecked) and the funds to repair the bike are coming slow and not easily..but i have the funds now its just the matter of time i have to actually work on it..and i dont feel like dumping it off at some dealer.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:49 AM
Banned

Once.

Gravel on the road, me in a slow turn, me seeing the gravel, me using front brake, me going down onto grass/gravel mix. I almost made it, bike and me went down, lost my turn signals. I assume if I used back brake I would have been in better shape.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:33 AM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Yeah, I don't know. It's the same thing when my woman watches L&O SVU...or CI, or FUQ, or whatever the hell it is...WHY WOULD I WANT TO WATCH A SHOW ABOUT MURDERED KIDS---JESUS, CHANGE THE GD CHANNEL, THERE'S THREE HUNDRED OF THEM, PICK SOMETHING VAGUELY UPLIFTING---LIKE SPEED CHANNEL...AND MAKE ME A GD SANDWHICH WHILE YOU'RE AT IT...
Amen Brother!!! My wife is really into those shows. I freakin hate em. If I want to watch something that depressing, I'll watch the news. The worst part is, she lets our 11 year old boy watch them too....no matter how much I bitch about it.

Oh yeah, for th record, I've been down 3 or 4 times in 20+ years riding.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:37 AM

Once. At 1mph. I dont know wtf i did, but about a month or two ago i jabbed the front too hard with the wheel turned after washing the bike in the driveway. Down we go, no scratches. It was a slow fall, i tried to keep her up, just couldn't.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:59 AM

Haven't gone down yet, but some gravel and a dirt road that my husban'ds brother led us down in the dark which we had never been down almost got me...but I pulled out of it thankfully. Sportbikes and pot-hole ridden dirt roadsin the darknessdon't go together very well. I haven't gotten my frame sliders on yet, so I'm hoping I can keep it up at least until then...I'd hate to see my baby's beautiful body all broken up! Ride Safe everyone.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:16 AM

ORIGINAL: fuze

Once. At 1mph. I dont know wtf i did, but about a month or two ago i jabbed the front too hard with the wheel turned after washing the bike in the driveway. Down we go, no scratches. It was a slow fall, i tried to keep her up, just couldn't.

Technically, that's just a tip over and I've had two of those. I think an actual 'crash' is anything above 10-20mph. I know I'm due for one of those, so my tax return is buying some more gear.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:29 AM

You guys should really check out these pics......not for the faint of heart...there is a dead guy in them. I was sent this email awhile back and was debating weither or not to post it. I dont know if i can put up more than one pic so e mail me with your email address if you want me to send you the whole thing....

Tulsa OK 120mph into the back of a moving semi...... no good

Old 02-14-2008, 07:31 AM

Heres a few more....rip whoever that is!

Quick Reply: How many times have you wrecked? Stories please