CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   How many ppl do u need to safely put bike upstairs? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/how-many-ppl-do-u-need-safely-put-bike-upstairs-32309/)

james007torres24 02-28-2007 11:17 AM

How many ppl do u need to safely put bike upstairs?

so i am ganna get my bike painted and get some parts poweder coated soon and i was wondering how maby ppl would u need to get the bike SAFELY up the stairs??? i live in apartments and upstairs so i have no choise.

mdfirefighter 02-28-2007 12:15 PM

RE: How many ppl do u need to safely put bike upstairs?

Use the elevator thats what its there for.

D2VW14_20 02-28-2007 12:42 PM

Probably atleast 4. One to carry the front, one for the back and one for each side to prevent it from tipping over, although, I dont condone this, haha. But yeah, it will take some people. It would probably be easier and less of a hassle to rent a small storage building for a month for $30.

Triax 02-28-2007 12:43 PM

can't you rent a garage for a month or store it at a friends house durring the time its apart? I'm sure you could do it but I don't see it being worth while. So my guess is 4 people.

dizzie56 02-28-2007 01:28 PM

yeah, u should rent a garage or storage spot...10x10 area is perfect. thats where i put mine back together

MisterBasket 02-28-2007 01:32 PM

I did it last winter. Here was my write up from a previous post.

Bike Carrying 101 Tutorial

Step 1: Attempt to take the lazy man's approach by riding it up the stairs only to realize very quickly this is a horrible idea.

Step 2: Turn to Plan B and find 2 unsuspecting friends

Step 3: Assign them to lift up on the back while you pull forward from the front.

Step 4: Curse yourself for not finding smarter friends as you watch them attempt to pick up from the plastic tail.

Step 5: Repeatedly get your hands smashed between front wheel and fender as bike goes up 2 steps and down 1 with each move.

Step 6: Reach the stop of the stairs covered in sweat, bleeding from your hands, and hoarse from screaming expletives.

Step 7: Sit on your couch admiring your bike in your living room and begin wondering how the hell youre going to get it out of here.

NY Erion929 02-28-2007 01:32 PM

get some plywood and ride it up....[8D]

CBRCRF 02-28-2007 01:43 PM

The good thing is you only need one person to get it down!:D Weeeeeee!!!

hell_razor 02-28-2007 02:39 PM

Sounds like the makings of a pollock joke!!!

VP 02-28-2007 04:02 PM

it takes at least 10 people... you and 9 of your friends, get a keg of beer and acouple bottles of jager ... get torn the hell up and when you don't realize how heavy that sob is the 4 most determinedpeople do it... the reason you need 10 is that at least 3 people should pass out and at least 2 will play video games and 1 person of course needs to be pumping the keg