Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How I pissed my MSF Instructor off!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How I pissed my MSF Instructor off!!!!!

****, the classes i went to were from 8-5 two days back to back. the first day i was fine. that night i had to go to work at 1AM and didnt leave until 7:45. needless to say i was tired the next day in class, i slept the whole last 4 hours of class time and still passed!

Old 03-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So for those who have pasted the msf class do you past just For the fact that you pay 160 or is it kinda hard and gotta try?

Old 03-29-2006, 09:23 PM

You guys were lucky...my MSF course had suzuki g125s......a 250 would have been a hog for us...lol. Those things were too slow for life...and to make matters worse, they are light as a feather....AND the course was right near the ocean, so it got REALLY windy. The figure 8s were lots of fun when a big gust hits you as you are leaning hard...lol. I am 6'2" so I got quite a few laughs for looking like a clown on a tiny bike :-)

But somehow i ended up losing only 1 point on the skills evaluation..... :-)

Old 03-30-2006, 10:33 AM

Are you just trying to **** off the world or what??? We had some bikes like that but they were suck POS that I wouldn't try to lean them that much.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:03 PM

So for those who have pasted the msf class do you past just For the fact that you pay 160 or is it kinda hard and gotta try?
its not hard, but you cant be a total tard about it. on the final exam if you lose so many points or if you drop your bike you fail. you also have to answer so many questions right on the written. they are basic questions like:

When braking you should:
A. Slam on the front brake
B. Apply both brakes togethor
C. Use only the rear brake
D. Use only the front brake

In my class the book goes over all the exact questions prior, they had us highlight all the answers throughout the course, that way we already knew the answers.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My class was in August in Georgia. The riding portion was 12 hrs Sat and 8 hrs Sun ... I lost 10 lbs that weekend and I ain't even fat. I'll agree the written was easy and the final riding test was easy as well. But my instructors were out to prove a point (they had an instructor in training also) and you had to do everything perfect or go around again. I'd been riding for 10+ years when I took the course (insurance purposes don't ya know) and I'll admit that I learned some useful things. Don't know if I'd do it again for just a lousy 5% off my premiums though[8D]

Old 03-30-2006, 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: bastiphan

You guys were lucky...my MSF course had suzuki g125s......a 250 would have been a hog for us...lol. Those things were too slow for life...and to make matters worse, they are light as a feather....AND the course was right near the ocean, so it got REALLY windy. The figure 8s were lots of fun when a big gust hits you as you are leaning hard...lol. I am 6'2" so I got quite a few laughs for looking like a clown on a tiny bike :-)

But somehow i ended up losing only 1 point on the skills evaluation..... :-)

Same here, I am on the central coast and the winds are crazy... I guess it just makes you a better rider....

Old 09-01-2007, 08:05 PM

One of my instructors was draggin pegs with his freakin Goldwing through the cone weave. I was using my 600rr (that I had owned for about 3 weeks at the time) for the class and my instructor kept telling me to push it harder, even though there was literally 3' of water on the range. Really helped overcome that fear of riding in the rain quickly. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-01-2007, 08:12 PM

Crap, if you can't scrape the pegs on that thing you need to live life driving a cage, not a big accomplishment.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: morganw

One of my instructors was draggin pegs with his freakin Goldwing through the cone weave. I was using my 600rr (that I had owned for about 3 weeks at the time) for the class and my instructor kept telling me to push it harder, even though there was literally 3' of water on the range. Really helped overcome that fear of riding in the rain quickly. [sm=smiley20.gif]
during the msf class they let you use your own personal bike ? where are you located ?

Quick Reply: How I pissed my MSF Instructor off!!!!!