Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How do you like...hot or cold?

Old 09-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you like...hot or cold?

talking about weather, i got to thinking...what does everyone prefer...personally, i prefer fall weather and winter...so i guess colder....

my reasoning is this...and it's very very basic....

in cold, i can put enough layers on or get under so many blankets that i am eventually comfortably warm...

in the heat...you can only get so cool...even if you are naked, you can still be uncomfortably hot....(worked in Taiwan for 6 weeks, EVERYDAY was like 110+...)

that isn't to say i don't like the summer...but summer for me would be a perfect 75 plus or minus 5 degrees....alas...i live in chicago, the city of harsh seasons...

Old 09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How do you like...hot or cold?

I'm pretty adaptable, so I don't mind either. For riding I prefer the cooler weather just because there are fewer squids on the road, and therefore fewer cops out to nail riders.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:26 PM

I have always felt the same way about hot and cold. You can only cool down so much, but when its cold you can layer up the clothes and blankets.....not to mention, start a fire in your house...what other excuse do you get for burning stuff indoors, lol! Although, I'm probably the same as you, I like it about 75ish and I live in the perfect place for that, except for when it hits 105-110*, then it sucks, but this year it rained so much its been cooler.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:32 PM

I hate the winter! I've been born and raised up here in Wisconsin and have already grown to hate the winter. When I was young, it was all fun to take my trucks and play in the snow piles but now I have to make snow piles and walk thru drifts that get my pants wet as well as my shoes. I have to use resources to keep my place warm and even then I catch a damn chill. If I’m stranded outside in the summer I can find some shade and relax and think of a game plan, in the winter…I better be moving and making good judgment because if I comes down to sitting still, I’ll be drifting off to a deadly dream and never wake up. My bike becomes useless and all the cars around my area turn into junk over time because the road salt makes them rust away. Oh! And that makes me remember trying to pry my damn car doors open when a warm 30s day turns into a cold *** night and my car door FREEZE SHUT!!! That’s not including the five minutes that I have to take cleaning the ice off the car windows. The roads…how can I forget the slippery, non stoppable, ice/snow covered roads!! Although it is fun to e-brake drift thru some corners and such, it sucks driving on winter roads.

I must say though, I do enjoy taking my quad out on the snowmobile trails when their nice and packed down, and racing around on a frozen lake with that same quad with studded tires is pretty awesome too.

I myself enjoy summer weather the most because I spend most the winter wishing the summer were tomorrow. Either extreme sucks, heat and humidity or sub zero dryness…I have to go with the heat and humidity because I can always start up the bike and go for a nice cruse to chill down.

-NorthernFirepower

P.S. I almost forgot about the fact that water expands when it turns solid…hence I had to replace my damn lower end of my boat motor this year!

Old 09-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

bring on the chill ! i love cold dark stormy weather. thunder ,lighting, heavy rains and the occasional black out is nice too .. or foggy weather really thick and cold .

ofcourse all this i peprfer when i can stay home and enjoy it.. i hate it if i have to drive in it ! but i agree you can warm up when its cold but its harder to cool down when your hot. ideally for me is around 75-ish and a light breeze

Old 09-13-2007, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

I hate the winter! I've been born and raised up here in Wisconsin and have already grown to hate the winter. When I was young, it was all fun to take my trucks and play in the snow piles but now I have to make snow piles and walk thru drifts that get my pants wet as well as my shoes. I have to use resources to keep my place warm and even then I catch a damn chill. If I’m stranded outside in the summer I can find some shade and relax and think of a game plan, in the winter…I better be moving and making good judgment because if I comes down to sitting still, I’ll be drifting off to a deadly dream and never wake up. My bike becomes useless and all the cars around my area turn into junk over time because the road salt makes them rust away. Oh! And that makes me remember trying to pry my damn car doors open when a warm 30s day turns into a cold *** night and my car door FREEZE SHUT!!! That’s not including the five minutes that I have to take cleaning the ice off the car windows. The roads…how can I forget the slippery, non stoppable, ice/snow covered roads!! Although it is fun to e-brake drift thru some corners and such, it sucks driving on winter roads.

I must say though, I do enjoy taking my quad out on the snowmobile trails when their nice and packed down, and racing around on a frozen lake with that same quad with studded tires is pretty awesome too.

I myself enjoy summer weather the most because I spend most the winter wishing the summer were tomorrow. Either extreme sucks, heat and humidity or sub zero dryness…I have to go with the heat and humidity because I can always start up the bike and go for a nice cruse to chill down.

-NorthernFirepower

P.S. I almost forgot about the fact that water expands when it turns solid…hence I had to replace my damn lower end of my boat motor this year!
+infinity...i was raised in milwaukee, and now i live near chicago...i have nothing good to say about the cold except skiing is pretty fun...

Old 09-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Retired Moderator

why anyone chooses to stay in freezing climates is beyond me ...

Name:  GCI.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  115.3 KB

Old 09-13-2007, 03:01 PM

HOT! I love the pool!

Old 09-13-2007, 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

why anyone chooses to stay in freezing climates is beyond me ...

its...so...beautiful...must...leave...entire family behind!!! seriously, the only thing keeping me in the area is that my whole damn family lives in the wisconsin/illinois area...otherwise id prolly be somewhere in vegas, or where ever the hell that picture was taken!

Old 09-13-2007, 03:12 PM

I plan on saving up big time so that when it's retiement time I can get myself a good size yacht (50+) and live on the water. Travel and all that jazz. Just a dream for now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you like...hot or cold?