Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HOW DO YOU GAMERS FEEL ABOUT THIS

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008 | 02:42 AM
Default RE: HOW DO YOU GAMERS FEEL ABOUT THIS

Shortbus you made me laugh, I've always felt that way about madden games. Just ssdg :P About not tracking people down for the reserves, well.. I don't see why the company should keep track of old reserves on games that aren't even sold anymore. It's your own fault if you forgot where you bought the game and if you don't ask for the money back then I don't think that the company is doing a bad thing, especially if they still keep track of the money and allow you to get the money back if you ask for it.

Old 08-29-2008 | 07:38 AM
Banned

On this Madden topic, the old thinking was "I need the new game for roster updates." That used to actually be a somewhat legitimate reason to get the new games, as teams change so much season to season, but that doesn't work anymore. All the next-gen consoles are online, and it's just a simple matter of roster downloads now. Of course, PC gamers knew this a long time ago.

EA will never let this happen though. They are a money making machine, as shown by the way they bullied 2K sports out of the NFL arena by getting the exclusive licensing deal. IMHO, 2K was a superior football game on many levels, and though it had it's flaws, they never got the chance to improve upon it. I refuse to ever support another Madden or NCAA Football title again because I'm sick of playing the same game over and over.

NHL, on the other hand, rocks! This is a game that has been constantly improving over the years, most recently with the advent of the skill stick 2 years ago (1 year ago for PS3 owners like myself), and this has completely revolutionized the hockey video game. Additionally, improvements in AI programming mean that you don't just take the puck up the middle with your star player in superstar mode anymore, you actually have to dump the puck and pass and setup plays. What has really changed in Madden to make it a better game in the past 8 years besides a few graphics tweaks?

Old 08-29-2008 | 07:50 AM

Yeah, that's why I don't buy computer games anymore. Well... unless they're really really good.

Old 08-29-2008 | 07:58 AM

ive had reserves for other games transfer over from my local gamestop no problem...i completely forgot i had reserved halo 3, then when i came in to buy COD4, they told me i could transfer my deposit towards COD. Also, when i reserve a game from gamestop, ill get a message a few days before the game is released reminding me that i have a game reserved, and that it will be out soon. i have absolutely NO problem with my gamestop

Old 08-29-2008 | 08:29 AM
VP

This is not a dirty little secret ... it's not a secret at all. Companies like to make a profit. That's their corporate responsibility...making profits. Raising stock prices. Increasing revenue...It's not to ensure every nerd with an extra 5 bucks to buy "Princess Zelda 6: Almost See her Underwear" on the Atari Jaguar gets their deposit back when they can't get their mom to take them to the mall the week the game comes out.

Gamestop already calls you the day before the game comes out to REMIND you to come pick up your game. But I digress...Even IF you missed your phone call, and even IF you forgot to pick up the game for 12 months, the computer system still let's you transfer the funds to another game.

Does not sound in one way whatsoever like a dirty little secret.

Old 08-29-2008 | 08:46 AM

those games are a ripoff anyways

Old 08-29-2008 | 09:32 AM

Video games now a days are also for the weak minded. When I beat a game on very hard mode now a days I just think "wtf was that...". Back in the day before you could save your game I'd get really pissed off. I think the hardest game I ever played was Super Star Wars on the SNES. I couldn't get past level 2.

Old 08-29-2008 | 09:57 AM

ohh whatever...if you are dumb enough to misplace your hard earned money like that let em take it...lol

Old 08-29-2008 | 01:07 PM

Why the **** do people waste money reserving games in the first place. If they dont have any the day it coms out, wait a week.

I've never reserved a game and I've never had to wait more than a week to get a copy.

Old 08-29-2008 | 02:06 PM

Fckin bastards

Quick Reply: HOW DO YOU GAMERS FEEL ABOUT THIS