Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HOW DO YOU GAMERS FEEL ABOUT THIS

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW DO YOU GAMERS FEEL ABOUT THIS

game stops dirty little secret

Old 08-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HOW DO YOU GAMERS FEEL ABOUT THIS

Yeah, whatever....

The game industry has basically left the PC world for now...Gamestop now has so little PC games that I don't even bother going there anymore. I usually order off Steam or Amazon now.

I've been saving a bundle of money now too...since I no longer have a desire to upgrade my pc every 6 months.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Banned

It's a business...how much extra money do you think companies make when people buy giftcards that never get used? Ok, it's a bit shady that he was pulled aside and specifically told not to help people out, but the people who forget where they spent their money need to be held accountable here too.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:30 PM

They dont make video games like they did before. Its always the same game with different characters.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:07 PM

+1 on the gift card think, and also checks for x-mas err, i always loose those things cause the banks not open, i hate checks.

GG if you know what that's from. fun game, kinda short though.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:09 PM

^^oops, different article. I read a related one about how pre-ordering games is pointless.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Nauree

They dont make video games like they did before. Its always the same game with different characters.
Are you insinuating that Madden 09 is going to be exactly the same as the last 8 versions with only minor tweaks, some of which are annoying and useless?!?

Wait, bad example...

Old 08-28-2008, 09:58 PM

OK, as a former manager at a GameStop, I have to step in.

Yes, we were told by corporate not to pursue individuals that left a game on reserve after a certain period. Plain and simple, if you reserved it, you were guaranteed a copy on the day we received it. If you decided to reserve it and forgot about it, then it is your own fault and you are an idiotic consumer. Can't remember how many times people came in asking to buy a game on the day it came out *Cough GTAIV Cough MARIO KART WII* and we were sold out: that's why there is a reserve system.

And the money just magically disappearing is false. That reserve stays in the system and does not get removed by anyone or anything other than the customer. In my 3 years with EB/Gamestop, NOT ONCE did I ever see a reserve just disappear. Hell, I even had a guy come in 2 years after reserving Madden 06 on regular XBOX get his money back without a problem. He was stationed in Afghanistan for those 2 years. The reserve list SKUs of old games that are DISCONTINUED become blank, and only the stock/SKU number remains, but it is still trackable to find who had what reserved and when and how much. And all of that can be refunded.

It is a business, and it's a business' best interest to be profitable. The business cannot be held responsible for naive/ignorant customers that fail to read the bottom Reserve Policy that is printed on every reserve receipt.

And honestly, it's all you awful Madden fanboys who lose the most on your reserves cause you don't realize it's the same fu(kln& game every year...

Also, I hate GameStop corporate, but I'll only buy my games from my old store because I know I taught them the right and honest way. BestBuy takes your money after 90 days regardless if the title gets delayed. Have fun with that.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:04 PM

My on topic opinionif you are stupid enough to forget where you left a deposit, then you deserve to lose your money...lay off the weed and get out of the house.
My off-topic opinion on Best Buy...F#CK BEST BUY...after being dicked over multiple times on a "lemon" computer I won't step foot in that place...burn 'em all to the ****** ground and **** on the ashes. Then **** on the ****-soaked ashes and burn the methane.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I prepaid for Army of 2 when it was going to first be released. I willtell you what though, when it finally came out a year and 2 months late [:@]i sure as hell remembered where i paid for it.

Quick Reply: HOW DO YOU GAMERS FEEL ABOUT THIS