Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How can I make my stock exhaust louder???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I make my stock exhaust louder???

I won't be able to afford a slip on for a few months so what can I do to my stock exhaust in the mean time to make it louder? I thought I remember last year reading somewhere about removing the baffle or something ??? Can someone explain this to me in more detail. Thanks!

Old 02-25-2008, 10:39 PM
RCR
Default RE: How can I make my stock exhaust louder???

Pull out the packing and baffle. Remove the rivets from the exhaust tip and start pulling.

An old trick I used many years ago was to drill holes in the end of the pipe to open it up a bit more. just make 8 holes about 1/4 to 3/8 going around the edge by the exhaust tip.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NOSstickers will not only make the exhaust louder, but also add about 25 hp! lol just bustin your ***** dude...according to this https://cbrforum.com/m_355665/tm.htmthere is some detail about this in the 600 modification section

Old 02-25-2008, 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

Pull out the packing and baffle. Remove the rivets from the exhaust tip and start pulling.

An old trick I used many years ago was to drill holes in the end of the pipe to open it up a bit more. just make 8 holes about 1/4 to 3/8 going around the edge by the exhaust tip.
my brother drilled holes in his exhaust of his 954 and it started backfireing i think. i am pretty shure i herd him say that i dont know though maybe he did it wrong.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

If I removed the rivets from the tip than how could I put the tip back on? Would drilling holes in the tip really make an improvement in the sound? That would be pretty simple!

Old 02-25-2008, 10:57 PM
RCR

Install new rivets Home depot has rivet guns for around 10 bucks. To remove the old rivets you use a slightly larger drill bit to score the head of the rivet from the shaft and use a puch to push them through and make sure you retrieve em all before putting it back together.

If you pull out everything its going to be a loud empty can and you will most likely loose alot of back pressure.

As for drilling out the back it does make it louder but it is no way going to give you the aftermarket pipe sounds. Also if you don't like the sound after you drill it out you can plug the holes with with stainless steel bolts or self tappers.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:25 AM

run without the can...

Old 02-26-2008, 02:28 AM
Banned

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 02-26-2008, 10:56 AM

cut it off at the headers and run strait pipes out the sides of your fairings then put turbo busa stickers on it.

or do as said above and remove the baffles

Old 02-26-2008, 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Gville George

cut it off at the headers and run strait pipes out the sides of your fairings then put turbo busa stickers on it.

or do as said above and remove the baffles
+1...just run straight pipes.

Quick Reply: How can I make my stock exhaust louder???