Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hot weather brings the squids out!

Old 07-17-2006, 04:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot weather brings the squids out!

I left work today and stopped at a pizza joint just a few miles from work to meet up with some buddies to grab some food. As i am taking my gear off and tossing it in my buddies car i hear a bike taking off from the light which was about 50 yards away...I turn saying man he is getting on it, I watch as some squid on his R6 is hauling *** down the road with a cut off t-shirt, shorts and flip flops and a petite little girl on the back in flip flops short shorts and a bathing suit top....Ouch that pavement is going to hurt when they meet!

Old 07-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Default RE: Hot weather brings the squids out!

okay so im a noob..a squid is just a guy that doesnt wear any gear?or what

..ps i wear all my gear..minus the leather pants in the hot days

Old 07-17-2006, 03:31 PM

theres a few guys like that here in town.. i dont always wear a lid but almost always a jacket and gloves.. i just dont see how someone can shift wiht flip flops on .. doesnt it hurt their toes... [&:]

Old 07-17-2006, 04:31 PM

Ill admit Ive ridden in shorts before, t-shirt, no lid, just a pair of sunglasses. But when I have, I never break the 35 mph barrier. Its still gonna tear me up, but I have a lot more control cruisin at 25 then i do on a hard launch. Also, Im a cart pusher. I might be riding in shorts, tee shirt, and a lid/gloves for a bit, as I can NOT work in pants and boots. It killed me my first day. Almost passed out and puked, but somehow held it together. So its either ride in shorts/lid/gloves/tee or no riding at all on those days... and I cant see that happening lol.

ride safe guys,

Chris

P.S. It cooks the **** outta my legs with shorts, let alone flip flops. I wouldnt even attempt that. hell, cooks my legs with jeans on going down the i-state :S

Old 07-17-2006, 05:20 PM

I hate seeing that. its one thing to put yourself in danger like that but dont let somebody get on the back wearing not much of anything. she would be torn to hell if he lost it. i always have my girlfriend wear pants and at least a t-shirt and always a helmet

Old 07-17-2006, 05:43 PM

I honestly don't see how people can ride over 35mph WITHOUT a helmet. Whenever I wash my bike after drying it I will drive it around the two subdivisions by my house around 30-35mph with my washing clothes on (shorts, tshirt, sunglasses). One time I actually went out on a highway and was going 50 and the wind was blowing making my eyes all watery I had to slow down I couldnt see! That was with sunglasses too. Now I will admit that riding in the shorts and tshirt slow is really nice. It feels really good. I wear my gloves (cheap $10 cortech gloves) and helmet whenever I actually ride anywhere and if it's not 80+ degrees I will wear my jacket too. I personally don't see anything wrong with people not wearing gear. I do see a problem with people driving crazy and putting other peoples lives at risk. For example, if that dude on the R6 was doing wheelies with that chick on the back I would say hes an idiot.

We go up to the Wisconsin Dells and ride up there and will just cruise the slow streets around 30-35mph without gear on. It's dangerous there too! There are always accidents people drive horrible there. We will usually be very spaced out and staggered and about 5-6 sec away from the car ahead of us and stop very early so the idiots behind us not paying attention have plenty of time to start paying attention and slam on their brakes.

Anyway, I don't think theres any problems with not wearing gear and you shouldn't dog people out for it. But, when they are doing stupid things and endangering other peoples lives thats when they become an idiot in my book.

Mike

Old 07-17-2006, 05:45 PM

I live in AZ, and it gets really hot here, 115 on friday. I still wear my helmet, boots and jeans, but have had to forgo the jacket, simply too hot for it. I used to say I'd rather sweat than bleed, but I'd also rather bleed a bit than pass out in traffic....and occasionally I will ride to the gas station in shorts, a t shirt and tennis shoes. Your attire doesn't necessarily make you a squid.....the stupid thing here is to have a passenger on your bike with out protection and be assing off. Even with protection that's pretty squidly. and sure most squids tend to do these stupid things when they have absolutely no protection on whatsoever. My message is simple, do want you want with regard to yourself, where you cross the line is when what you are doing endangers someone other than yourself.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:51 PM

Exactally what I was saying AZ100rr I agree 100%!

Mike

Old 07-17-2006, 07:27 PM

in my opinion if you let a girl get on your bike half-naked as they are usually dressed on a weekend night in the summer. Then you are a squid. I see guys in my town do it all the time. before i met my girlfriend she road with a guy who give here a old wrecked helmet and let here ride in flip-flops, running shorts, and a tanktop. Then do highway wheelies with her on there. I will ride in shorts to work and sometimes around town, but I am only resposible for my self. Could you imagine going down with a chick on the back half dressed and you were dressed to ride. How could you ever face her again. what would you say. "hey sorry your *** looks like it's been through a cheese grinder." "Quess i should have waited 20 min. while you went home to change." Thats how i feel about it. If you want to kill yourself by driving like an idiot then go for it, but don't take somebody with ya.

Old 07-17-2006, 07:52 PM

nicely put

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hot weather brings the squids out!