Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hopefully getting my bike today, question before I leave

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully getting my bike today, question before I leave

Wish there was a closer dealer to my house but the closest one is about 40miles away. My friend is going to be taking me over in their car and following me back home. Since this will be my first time on the new bike and first time actually riding on the road I'm a little nervous so I was thinking would it be safer to follow my friend back or ride infront and they follow me? Or does it not really matter and I'm just worrying too much? Thanks

Old 05-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Default RE: Hopefully getting my bike today, question before I leave

Im curious as to know if maybe you have someone else that could maybe ride it home that has a lil more experience in traffic.Im sure its nothing much to worry about but u seem to be a lil unsure of yourself at this moment.U could also maybe entertain the idea of maybe having them deliver it so u could take time with it in a parking lot.There is going to be alot of traffic on the road today with Mother Day and all...but what ever u do..congrats on the new bike and post some pics.

Old 05-14-2006, 02:32 PM

Just take your time riding and keep your head on a swivel. Pretend your an invisible ninja so no one else can see you and those that can see you are trying to KILL you and constantly play "worse case scenario" in your mind the whole way home...you'll be fine. I was scared a bit when I first drove my F4i home after only having one season behind me and not being on any bike for 9 years. Do as I say and you'll be fine...btw tell whoever is following you to give you extra room or you follow them and use them as a shield...GOOD LUCK MAN!

Old 05-14-2006, 02:59 PM

at first i was like "40 miles isn't bad"... but then i read the rest of your post. 40 miles is pretty far for someone who's never ridden on the road before. just be careful... very careful. but yeah if you've got someone with experience who can ride it home for you that would be a good idea. good luck!

Old 05-14-2006, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: majindan

Just take your time riding and keep your head on a swivel. Pretend your an invisible ninja so no one else can see you and those that can see you are trying to KILL you and constantly play "worse case scenario" in your mind the whole way home...you'll be fine. I was scared a bit when I first drove my F4i home after only having one season behind me and not being on any bike for 9 years. Do as I say and you'll be fine...btw tell whoever is following you to give you extra room or you follow them and use them as a shield...GOOD LUCK MAN!
Some nice advice to follow. Be alert, cool and wear some just in case gear. I worked for a dealer for a while and all of us know the feeling of riding our first bike. But not only your first but first new bike home from the dealer. Almost as good as sex. LOL! Good luck, be safe, and many happy miles. Congrats!!!!!

Old 05-15-2006, 02:13 AM

Well I couldn't pick up the bike today. Honda Financial Services is closed on sunday only so they could not run my credit through them so it looks like I'm going to have to wait a few more days. I haven't been out that way in a long time, but the traffic wasn't bad at all and 75% of the way the road is only 2 lanes. After going back down the road I feel more confident about myself. Hopefully next sunday I'll be able to pick it up if I can do all of the credit stuff over the phone with them.

Old 05-15-2006, 05:21 AM

where you located? If you are close to me i would be willing to ride it back for you?---not kidding

Old 05-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

err...get a trailer or something. if you have not ridden on the street before i wouldnt want it to be on my nice brand spankin new bike, atleast get them to install some frame sliders before you leave..hehe.