Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Home Workout Versus Gym

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Home Workout Versus Gym

Hey man once a marine always (they make sure to make you that way even if you resist). I just got here about 8 months ago was at 1/7. They just got back themselves so im just waiting to really get me hands into it.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Friend and Hero ...

brotherI amPMyou got a pretty good little thread rollingand would like to keep it on track. So see you on the PM side

Old 01-04-2009, 11:55 PM

i prefer the gym... have some equipment at home but i always feel that there are always those exercises that i cant do at home unless i essentially build a gym in the house. I also like to switch up the exercises i do for each body part alot to avoid training plateaus and i just think that the ability to switch it up is limited at home. Additionally certain exercises can require a decent amount of weight (dead lifts, shrugs, etc) which is just impractical to have at home

Old 01-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Home gym. I think partially because of the weather here too. I could never get home from work, have my meal, then want to go out into the cold again to hit the gym. At home i have everything i need, its right in the next room. I do a full body 3 day a week workout, short sets and reps to fail. Works good for me, i have tried other routines and have not has as good of success, but again we are all different.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:26 AM
Banned

I always used to prefer going to the gym over doing something at home, but after I built a house and had a full basement to play around with and had children and alot less free time, I bought a high quality fully adjustable bench, a full squat cage, an olympic weight set, a lat-pulldown machine (bought off of a friend cheap), somedumbbells, and a 8x4 platemirror. You really don't needanything fancyto get a good full-body workout.

I try tostrength train3 times a weekevery other day and then run (3-10 miles depending onwhatrace I'm training for) on the days in between with one day off usually during the work week sometime.The important wordin that last sentence is"TRY". I used to get all bentout of shape if I missed a workout but nowthat I'm older (and wiser), I don't stress over that anymore. The extra day of rest of more beneficial than harmful.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Its funny, you guys are really big on your workouts over there ... its rare to find many British men who religiously work out to such a degree, you all seem to work out on this forum .. I think men here are lazy compared to you guys, I dont know why ..they just are!!
I always swam for fitness, that was something I loved to do ... I never did running, I hate running with a passion but I love walking for miles and miles, well I used to anyway ...

Jules

Old 01-05-2009, 05:33 AM

im a p90x man. i can pretty much quote tony horton on each dvd. i havent been back in the gym in over a year and nobody can tell. you cant really call p90x a home gym, all i have is a pullup bar and dumb bells, 25, 35, and 40s, thats all i need.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:47 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So, to summarise:
Everyone except Teeks goes to gym, and Nauree can now bench press 105 pounds.........
Me, I'm fighting anorexia, and I'm WINNING ![X(]

Old 01-05-2009, 06:15 AM

I lift at home every day right after work. Pullup bar, dumbells, and a straight bar + lots of pushups and stretches. I can work about everything i want with the little equiptment i have here. Put on 20lbs last year, going for another 10 or 15 this year. I lift 6 days take Sunday off. I lift almost all upper body weights i gots chicken legs.

Might hit the Gold Gym up pretty soon. My girlfriend wants to start working out too, so we may go in together up there if she is serious about it.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:08 AM
VP

I go the Gym down the street 5-6 times a week...100% of the days I go I do cardio for at least 30 minutes and 3-4 days I do weights. I have lost a total of 26 pounds since November 1st. I have about 11 more to go to goal, and I am 3 months ahead of schedule.

Quick Reply: Home Workout Versus Gym