Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A-Hole Cops

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A-Hole Cops

Let it go...it isnt worth the paper...

Old 10-30-2007, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Seems to me like the power was getting to his head, and was in a bad mood and decided to take it out on you. I would call it in as a complaint. Then if anything ever happens again, you can use this in court if things get ugly (like impounding a bike for no just cause).
Exactly my point. You never know when some paper will help. I will advocate being careful and going slower if you know a LEO is around, but a paper complaint added to other paper complaints (which you may not know about) may equal an officer being put in his place. I comply with LEO's and respect them when they respect those they are dealing with, but some get a big head. The corruption of power happens and dealing with it like a mature adult will benefit you in the end. Karma is a bitch and it will come back on him at some point.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

I suggest that if there really was contact file a report... his dash cam will be forced to show the real truth.

Lets be sure to keep this on track and not turn it into a cop bashing thread or it will get locked

Old 10-31-2007, 01:31 AM

I have ben lurking for some time, but I guess now is as good a time as any to begin posting. I don't kow how many LEO's read these forums, let alone post in them, but I will come right out and say that I am a cop. I don't for one second deny that there are Police Officer'son Power Trips. I don't make excusses for the actions or in-action of other officer's. I do however fully support my fellow officers when they have made a lawful, moral, and ethical decission, even if it makes people angry.

Having said that I agree that as you write it, it sounds like this officer took a particular interest in you for what ever reason.Also, as you write it, it sounds like he has a hard-on for bikes. I would ask that you consider that even though he has offended you, it is his job to patrol, that includes following people for what ever reason he deems necessary. If he chose to follow you for what ever reason, he is well within his job description. If he waited util you got home, he was probably comtemplating weather or notto contact you at all, and decided to since you were stopping.

It sounds like he got ****ty and it was probably un-necessary.I think you would only be giving yourself a headache by taking the time to initiate a complaint. As you describe it, he did not do anything illegal or out of "most" policy.Wait, wait, wait..... before everybody jumps on me...it may be that the guy is a jerk, but what did he really do to you? A complaint will do nothing for youin the future.

Now having said that.... I DO RIDE...I have an 05' cbr1000rr...Two Brothers.... Power Commander.... Fender Elim...Led's....Sliders...all the usual stuff.....And YES...I catch **** all the time because I looke like i'm out causing trouble....BUT.....I am not a hypocrite, I ride defensively.... wear my gear....and don't take unnecessary risks (getting old!)

Feel free to slam me orask me a question...I will do my best to answer...

Old 10-31-2007, 11:54 AM

Just so you understand, i am not bashing the cop. I feel that they have their place and do need to use their power from time to time. I actually follow the law more than most.....i feel like if i want to go fast i will take it to the track. But when i feel like i am being harassed about something that i did not do, and i was only looking out for my self but speeding up. the only thing that i ask for is respect....if you know what i mean.

So here is my question to you lipskid....

Can i get in trouble for slowing down?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: lipskid

I have ben lurking for some time, but I guess now is as good a time as any to begin posting. I don't kow how many LEO's read these forums, let alone post in them, but I will come right out and say that I am a cop. I don't for one second deny that there are Police Officer'son Power Trips. I don't make excusses for the actions or in-action of other officer's. I do however fully support my fellow officers when they have made a lawful, moral, and ethical decission, even if it makes people angry.

Having said that I agree that as you write it, it sounds like this officer took a particular interest in you for what ever reason.Also, as you write it, it sounds like he has a hard-on for bikes. I would ask that you consider that even though he has offended you, it is his job to patrol, that includes following people for what ever reason he deems necessary. If he chose to follow you for what ever reason, he is well within his job description. If he waited util you got home, he was probably comtemplating weather or notto contact you at all, and decided to since you were stopping.

It sounds like he got ****ty and it was probably un-necessary.I think you would only be giving yourself a headache by taking the time to initiate a complaint. As you describe it, he did not do anything illegal or out of "most" policy.Wait, wait, wait..... before everybody jumps on me...it may be that the guy is a jerk, but what did he really do to you? A complaint will do nothing for youin the future.

Now having said that.... I DO RIDE...I have an 05' cbr1000rr...Two Brothers.... Power Commander.... Fender Elim...Led's....Sliders...all the usual stuff.....And YES...I catch **** all the time because I looke like i'm out causing trouble....BUT.....I am not a hypocrite, I ride defensively.... wear my gear....and don't take unnecessary risks (getting old!)

You spelled weather as in oh it's hot and sunny, but you meant whether* - .02

Old 10-31-2007, 12:11 PM

so now we have a cop and an English teacher up in here.....lol

Old 10-31-2007, 12:12 PM

ORIGINAL: rvizzle

ORIGINAL: lipskid

You spelled weather as in oh it's hot and sunny, but you meant whether* - .02

Thats a little unnecessary. ^^

lipskid, he said that the LEO was tailgating him and putting him in danger while on the highway. Now that definitely isn't a proper procedure. I have no problem with a cop following me home even if I'm not up to anything, but if they aren't driving defensively themselves and are endangering me, now that I'd have a problem with.

I myself last year got into an accident because a riding buddy hauled a u turn with me right behind him, and I t-boned him, low speed, we were fine. When the officer arrived on the scene he called us a bunch of idiots and started to berate us about speeding, based on him having seen bikes like ours speeding when he was off duty the other day. We lodged a complaint, needless to say.LEO's aresupposed to be unbiased peace officers, not provokers or vigilantes.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 PM

i would not have cared if the cop would have just stayed back a bit either......but i know for a fact that you could not have put another bike between my bike and his front bumper....[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 10-31-2007, 08:04 PM

FTP!!

Quick Reply: A-Hole Cops