Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A-Hole Cops

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A-Hole Cops

So i was taking one of my last rides of the year, since i might not have very much warm weather. Where i live there is a State route the comes from two lanes to one but very close to where the two lanes come together there is a road that turns to the left. This is a fairly contested area anyways because of the road turning to the left so people in the left lane try to dive right when someone is turning. So as i was coming to this road, there was lots of traffic behind me and i am in the left lane. the whole time that i am going up through there i am beside a local cop. as we get to the point where people turn, and i am still beside him and he hits is brakes for a minute and at this time i am right at his passengers side door. There is a car right behind me so i cannot hit the brakes so i down shift and nail the gas. I went from the posted speed limit of 45 just about 60 to get in front of him so i would not get run over. I have to travel down this road for about 5 miles before i have to turn and this cop was riding my *** the whole way. So i turn where i need to thinking that he will go on and he follows me. At this point i was getting a little pissed off, but if i brake check him, i will end up getting hit this cop is so close so i decide to just stay at the speed limit and go home. pull into the driveway when the cop then proceeds to turn his light as i turn on my signal to get into my driveway. so i pull in and get off the bike. The cop tells me that he is really close to giving me a ticket. I, out of respect, ask him what for. He tries to tell me that i was running from him........ At this point i was a little pissed and kinda laughed under my breath......and told him that i was going to need his name if he was going to give me a ticket. he told me that he was feeling generous and was not going to give me a ticket, but if he saw me acting like that again, he was going to impound my bike.

now as most of you know, if i wanted to get away, there is no way in hell that he would have caught me. I have this officers name and want to turn him in, but in my area the cop have NO respect for guys on bikes and i am not sure what to do.

Advise?

Old 10-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Default RE: A-Hole Cops

Your best course of action, should you choose, would be to file an official complaint against him. If he only activated his lights just before you pulled in your drive, you didn't run anywhere. I would file the complaint against him for two reasons: 1.) This may be something he has done before. 2.) It could give you something to fall back on if you run into him at some other time and he does the same thing. You should see if they'll let you see the dash cam video. The dash cam shows when he activates his lights and would also show how if he was following you aggressively.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that would either shut him up or pi$$ him (and some of his buddies) off... your risk to take

Old 10-30-2007, 11:34 AM

if i were you i would file an official complaint and ask to look at the dash cam, if they use them in your town...there is a good possibility he's has a power trip and/or doesnt like bikes, and has no right to follow someone around like that and tailgate you, then tell you that you were running, when you clearly werent and he might be doing this to others

Old 10-30-2007, 11:36 AM

any cop that tailgates you should be written up. to me, that is one of the most dangerous positions for a biker to be in. anytime someone gets on my ***, i signal for them to slow down. if they don't slow down, i do like 10 under the limit and **** them off.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:44 PM

FTP! I would file on him-he could have ran you over if you feel and then would have made it you fault some how. Cops give them selves a bad rep.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:48 PM

i was thinking about calling, but i just think that it will make it worse for me.....

i think that slowing down to about 35 would be pretty good though....i might have to try this next time.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: gt2nv

i was thinking about calling, but i just think that it will make it worse for me.....

i think that slowing down to about 35 would be pretty good though....i might have to try this next time.

IMO That actually isn't a bad idea.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems to me like the power was getting to his head, and was in a bad mood and decided to take it out on you. I would call it in as a complaint. Then if anything ever happens again, you can use this in court if things get ugly (like impounding a bike for no just cause).

Old 10-30-2007, 05:48 PM

File the complaint to be safe. If you slow down infront of the cop its just going to **** him off and he'll pull you over and make something else upin his head.

I've filed a complaint before on an officer, it had 2effects. Driving my car, I did end up getting the speeding ticket in court with no reduction (55 in a 40)after the prosecuting(sp) attorney said that he would lower it after he spoke with the officer and theofficer wasforced to resign.

Quick Reply: A-Hole Cops