Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hit and Attempt to run

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hit and Attempt to run

A video would have been better.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was once sitting behind a f-250 crew cab at a red light --- when he all of a sudden starts backing up --- i stand up on my bike - rev my engine a little and honk my horn -- and nothing he continues tostill back up --- he ends up hitting me with the tow hitch on his truck knocking me off the bike making me lay it over causing no damage whatsoever except cracking the small fender on the front tire ---- he gets out of the car along with many other people that were waiting in traffic to see if i was ok ----- he apologized and imediately called the local bike shop paid for a new part on his credit card and had it overnighted -- and stated he was so sorry --- he just thought he was sticking to far out into oncoming traffic and decided to back up and didnt see me --- all in all a sucky experienced that startled me a bit but turned out ok --- no cops involved whatsoever ---

Old 05-07-2008, 08:06 AM

Most of the time Cops never want to help you out, but it seems the first time you step out of line they are there to bust you. Glad you and the bike are fine and I guess this is a leasson learned about the law.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:13 AM

This is why you should ride with a gun.

I have cousins that live in Frederick, MD... Sea Spray Lane... one of those townhouse complexes you guys have down there.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's why I carry a stungun...........[:@]

Old 05-07-2008, 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: BAGD RANGER

i was once sitting behind a f-250 crew cab at a red light --- when he all of a sudden starts backing up --- i stand up on my bike - rev my engine a little and honk my horn -- and nothing he continues tostill back up --- he ends up hitting me with the tow hitch on his truck knocking me off the bike making me lay it over causing no damage whatsoever except cracking the small fender on the front tire ---- he gets out of the car along with many other people that were waiting in traffic to see if i was ok ----- he apologized and imediately called the local bike shop paid for a new part on his credit card and had it overnighted -- and stated he was so sorry --- he just thought he was sticking to far out into oncoming traffic and decided to back up and didnt see me --- all in all a sucky experienced that startled me a bit but turned out ok --- no cops involved whatsoever ---
I had that almost happen to me once. It was close.

as far as the cop, he should have sided with the person that contacted him like they always do.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:35 AM

You've got his plate. Find a "friend" that can get his address for you!

Stun gun!!

"Hello sir, did you not realize you clipped my mirror?"
"Raarrraaarrr NOT MY FAULT, blah blah blah.[Insert othergorilla noises here]You no have right of way!"
"ZAAAAAAAAAPP"

Old 05-07-2008, 01:10 PM

If I chased him down and he got out and wanted to fight, then there would be a fight. Granted im bigger than the normal guy and absolutely love fighting regardless of the odds.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:39 PM

marbles

Old 05-07-2008, 02:32 PM

I live not too far from there. The entire area is full of a-hole rednecks who think they own the road. Some truck ran a couple off the road in their car last year and killed them. The cops never found the guy. I'm glad you're ok. I don't care, I violate the law all the time just to stay away from cars. I didn't have to do that until I started riding around here, used to ride in less populated area. Now I just do what it takes.

I agree with the gun thing, but don't have one yet. Unfortunately it's just a bunch of escalation. I try to avoid weekdays, at least on weekends I can go out in the morning before a lot of these corn-holes wake up. The "rush to / from work" and "I'm more important than you" mentality really sucks around the DC / Baltimore region.

Quick Reply: Hit and Attempt to run