Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HID

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID

Pretty much just need to know where you got yours (if ebay which seller), how long you've had them, any problems, what "K" setting, and how is the light spread (you get flashed alot).

Old 12-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Banned
Default RE: HID

Ebay. Dont remember the seller but it was a U.S seller.
10k is the color.
I dont get flashed much. Not anymore than I do in my van. And the van has halogens.

The hardest thing is finding a place for the balast.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:03 AM
July 2008 ROTM

www.oznium.com Over a year, no issues. 6,000K. Shouldn't have any problems of people flashing you unless your reflector is misaligned.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:05 AM

O ya, state if your bulbs have the reflector plates or not.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:10 AM
July 2008 ROTM

I don't know why any of them would have reflector plates. At least on an F4i. Not sure what you've got.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Aken

I don't know why any of them would have reflector plates. At least on an F4i. Not sure what you've got.

Helps control the spread.

I'd like them to come with them cuase you can always take them off. The kit I have now has them.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:28 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My first set I got off ebay.... 6000K, from hidynamics (brand and ebay store id). Had problems with them from day 1, though it got progressivly worse as time went on (about a year). They would randomly shut off, usually under hard accel, but would do it other times too. I even made my own custom wiring harnesses with my own relays and 12ga wire... helped some but still had problems. The color was great though... never got flashed unless I had high beams on

I finally had enough of the random lights out (not fun in the middle of a curve at night), and got another set from xenondepot.com. They were having a group buy on SBN (sportbikes.net) so I got them at a bit of a discount (still not cheap though... $378 shipped. But with HID's, you get exactly what you pay for). I got the 4300K this time... VERY bright! But still I never get flashed with the low beam... though I think it is aimed a little low, I was actually gonna move it up just a hair. Not a single problem with these lights... they are a motorcycle specific kit, which has longer wiring harnesses (they come with their own harnesses and relays, unlike the first kit). Made for a super clean install and they look and work fantastic!! It pays spending a little more getting the good Philips stuff when it comes to HID's. I think I've had these for maybe 9 months or so now (??) I forget exactly when I got them. Still working great!!

Old 12-24-2007, 12:32 AM
July 2008 ROTM

If you're referring to the little reflector at the front of the bulb, I'm fairly sure it doesn't do anything for spread, it just prevents the bulb itself from being viewable.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Aken

If you're referring to the little reflector at the front of the bulb, I'm fairly sure it doesn't do anything for spread, it just prevents the bulb itself from being viewable.

No. Its a relfector plate PLATE PLATE PLATE PLATE PLATE PLATE. [:'(]

Old 12-24-2007, 12:42 AM
July 2008 ROTM

The benefit of those depends on how your relfector is set up. Would be bad to use on my F4i, but might be beneficial for you. Variables variables variables.