Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hey Admins:

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hey Admins:

Whilst I agree with Andies post here and I dont like censorship either, especially in an off topic area I have to say threads like "Im Bored" etc are just a bit pointless especially as there is a chit chat thread now we can post any inane chat in that we like ... I have been on forums where there is no censorship or control at all and it gets so ugly its not funny ... I have said before we get away with murder here but at least there is some order ..if you want anarchy we can go anywhere for that, its kinda why I like it here ..you know it will never get too bad ... I believe the admins and mods to be between a rock and a hard place ..damned if they do and damned if they dont.

I think we all just need to calm down and not let this flare up into something its not ..we all have differences of opinions and most of us are respectful of each others views too ..its so diverse here its amazing it doesnt actually flare up a lot more ...

Jules

Old 01-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so true as it is an "off topic" section, bt oh well, iguess theres certain rules we arent aware of. personally, i think thisis funny, how pple get butthurt forbeing warned.[8D]

Old 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: feliped

thisis funny

I know, even more amusing is every time someone on the internet says I am not here to start crap, that's exactly what they're here to do. lol

Old 01-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Well but you have to keep it fair for everyone, i used to post a ton, and mostly useless garbage, i never got a warning. So is it fair that others do? Without saying names i can sure think of a few others that post more crap than X did. Havoc if you want to look at why the forum has changed, well thats just inevitable to happen as people come and go. Some topics have been beaten to death and that will happen with time. I can also think of a few members that are here now that werent here back then, of course im not pointing fingers or anything.

Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just so ya know, I am locking this thread also. These types of debates will not further our forum and cause unnecessary strife on the board. Should a member of the staff, be it moderator or admin, lock or delete a thread then you should contact that staff member by PM. Starting another thread along the same vein will only make things worse in the long run.

If the issues had been discussed through PMs then none of this drama would be necessary. So should you have a problem please PM me, or your favorite staffer de jour. But there will be no more threads related to this issue.

Thanks for your support.

Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

First off....... No one got called out. Certain members were PMd and they took it upon themselves to whine about it in the general forum. Thier mistake.
Second.......Off Topic is fine. If you want to talk about things.....fine.....but you aren't "Throwing things out there" Its bombarding nowadays with almost every silly little topic from "Burning my eggs" to "My zipper broke" C`mon now. Really? If you need to chat....
here is a link for you.
Yahoo Messenger

Do you walk up to groups of people and as soon as someone talks say something to the fact of...."That's been talked about so much, its stupid" and then go to the next group and say the same? Probably not. Every post does not need a smarta** answer to it when it bares no meaning to you. Post counts are not that important are they? There will soon be no top ten on the board so why throw one-liners into everyones thread? Look at the amount of posts I have......look how long I have been here. Do you think I don't sit here and watch all of you everyday? Nooooooooooo I keep the majority of stupid answers, and comments to myself. Its about quality. Not quantity.

Keep in mind all of you! It is NOT personal. Its bringing this board back to normal and not an open chatroom, where new members get abused and serious bike talk gets respected. Do you wanna see the amount of PMs we get from new members who ask questions and get flamed or stupid responses? It would make your head spin. We are "cleaning" the board up. If you can't handle it......well you can figure the rest of that out.
No one is getting rid of Off Topic. We are just making sure it isn't overrun by "Waste of Space" threads.

If anyone would like to continue discussing it, feel free to PM me. Otherwise stop making threads about what WE do. We were put in these positions for a reason.

LJ