Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Help rationalizing a new bike to a woman

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help rationalizing a new bike to a woman

That's the good part about the bike is it would cut at least 10 mins every day irregardless of what shift I'd work. My assumption would be 30-40 mins one way to work which isn't too bad. Even when 635 gets shut down it would never take more than an hour to get to work. I live in Bedford and would be working in Richardson.

The interceptor would be sweet, I could turn it into an on-duty bike afterwards! Have you noticed the prices on them though? DFW Honda still wanted near $12k for the red, white and blue one they have in the store.

I've also noticed there are quite a few people from TX on here...wonder if any of the guys doing stand ups w/out helmets on are on this site? [:'(]

Old 12-13-2008, 11:24 PM

No helemt = gay. Did i affend someone.

5th gens are he only ones worth buying. lol

Old 12-13-2008, 11:29 PM

Does she ride? If so it's blasphemy for her to tell you not to get one....wait...it's blasphemy period. Riding = HappYness(yes with a Y lol). I was going over this same situation in my head earlier...my conclusion, If it's what I want...I'm going to get it...afterall it's my money isn't it? Get the bike...let her fuss...then after she pisses you off....go for a ride on your bike

Old 12-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude, honestly if you can afford it..........if the TWO OF YOU can afford it and it wont put your pockets or your childrens needs in a bind, then get the bike! its a no brainer. i save ALOT of money using my bike as a daily rider. im filling up currently for $5.50!

i understand if she's worried about your safety, worried about her kids possibly not having a father....and that is another battle w/ her all in its self.

but seriously, if the TWO of you can afford for you to get it..........GET it!

Old 12-13-2008, 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

dude, honestly if you can afford it..........if the TWO OF YOU can afford it and it wont put your pockets or your childrens needs in a bind, then get the bike! its a no brainer. i save ALOT of money using my bike as a daily rider. im filling up currently for $5.50!

i understand if she's worried about your safety, worried about her kids possibly not having a father....and that is another battle w/ her all in its self.

but seriously, if the TWO of you can afford for you to get it..........GET it!
He has kids? Yea thats another battle, but the way i look at life...if your going to leave out of here then your going to one way or another when its your time...whether your on a bike, in a car, walking down the street, or simply sleeping. Pessimism sucks

Old 12-13-2008, 11:44 PM

Lonewolf, i feel the same way but his wife may not. so that battle is a whole 'nother battle he'll be fighting, adding to her reason for him to NOT get one. but i see what you're saying as i feel the same.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:45 PM

ORIGINAL: quil900

3. We have two young children (which is more of the reason why she says no to a new bike as I wouldn't know where to fit 2 car seats!)

come on lonewolf, read.........READ, hahaha

Old 12-13-2008, 11:56 PM

Well I was going to quote the first response but I would have to follow with a quote from each!

Pessimism does suck! Worrying about falling and it's going to happen. Telling me I'm going to die-yup I probably will!

I'm also a person that believes its your time when it's your time...

I've wanted to get her on a bike and I let her ride my 900 (only in parking lots/neighborhood) and she liked it. I think eventually I could get her on a bike...someday!

We'll see when I get closer to getting a bike what happens (all hypothetical and relying upon me getting the spot.) I'll use this for some pointers when I need some. I sometimes get mad brain farts when standing my ground...

Safety on the bike is kind of a null point (IMO) for her to stand on. Being a law enforcement officer generally requires you putting your safety on the line, in the end we'll all die someday.

I love every 1krr but prefer each newer one. I'd prefer the 08/09 to the 07/06 to the 05/04. In the end though I really really want the exhaust on the new bike. I'll take what I can get so who knows. I'll set my sights on the best and work my way down from that spot. The prize is the 08 liter bike.

At this point I've done almost everything for the first police department I'm in the process with. According to my background investigator/detective I'm near the end, the polygraph is over and one of the last things is a mission statement/packet I have to fill out. The only thing remaining is the psych test (which they haven't mentioned???) and the oral review board which happens in January (middle of the month is his guess) and after that is their approach to me for a position or no position. Can't wait to have it over with. [8D]

Old 12-13-2008, 11:59 PM

Oh and I hate that people don't wear helmets while riding. It scared me when I first moved from MI. I don't feel to good about driving my vehicle next to anyone without a helmet on.[&:]

Michigan is a helmet wearing state (required by law.)

Old 12-14-2008, 12:02 AM

I was once told by a very wise man "Its better to ask for forgiveness then beg for permission"

Thats all I got man. When it was time to pick up a second bike a few months ago I went out and picked up a 03VFR. She was unhappy till I took her for a ride on it. After that she saw how much more comfy it was and all went well.
-Chris[8D]

Quick Reply: Help rationalizing a new bike to a woman