Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Help rationalizing a new bike to a woman

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help rationalizing a new bike to a woman

As the title states I need help rationalizing a motorcycle purchase to the wife. I've been set for the last month to buy a bike and for some reason she's throwing the guilt trip on me. I rationalized it by allowing me to use the hov lane on the way to the potential job I'm in the process with. She however sees it as foolish and not a big deal if it takes me over a 1hr and 15mins to get to work.

The day I took my physical assessment test it took me nearly 1hr 30mins to get to the test site (just up the road from the where I'd work.) The usual commute is about 30-45mins. Not only would a bike keep mileage off of the car but I could use the hov lane which bypasses all the congestion. Her worry is that it's selfish and drivers in Texas are horrible especially with all the traffic...

My other pointer was gas mileage and her counter to that is a yaris-[:'(][:@] I'd rather have a bike.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Default RE: Help rationalizing a new bike to a woman

Good luck bro....if its a toy that always tough. If its your daily driver, at least you have some ammo.

A Yaris ???!?!?!?! [:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

Nothing wrong with them... per-se( no offense to Yaris owners) Not exactly a chick magnet though

What would you rather do...pull up to your buddies house for a bbqon a bad *** 600rr.... or the econo shoe box

Thats what I thought

Old 12-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my g/f made no arguement when i bought my '08 600RR........she knows when her opinion wont matter , riding is life....my LIFE! she understands that and aslong as it was affordable she didnt care.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:55 PM

That sucks. I'm the opposite, I usually have a hard time rationalizing a new woman to my bike, who already loves me more than any girl could. lol

Old 12-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Like this

Old 12-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife is totally supportive of my riding. she has no desire to be on a bike, which I like. As far as having to rationalize it, bummer. She's your wife and like it or not she has some say. If you can't give her the respect due as your wife then you need to move on. Come to an agreement and if it isn't what you want, oh well. You have some decisions to make.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:07 PM

An argument.. with a woman.. I dont think anything you say will change her mind. Its something they usually dont do unless they want to let you.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:11 PM

Really if your paying cash then i'd pull the trigger on the sucker.. Financing, get a car, just not a Yaris lol.

Sounds like your unemployed.. so unless you got a nice sack of loot in the bank i don't see rationalizing a brand new bike into the picture on the prospects of a new job.

But if you must.. go with TK's advice.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Banned

When was the last time you had a bike? The longer you go without one the harder it is to justify a new one.

But the only real reason to own a bike is that they are fun and at times they can actually be useful.

So use the old trick that women have used on men throughout history, don't put out until she BEGS you to get a bike. That's right, you heard me, make her beg for it. They always like it more when they have to beg for it. So go ahead, no nookie until she begs for and make sure she knows it is a package deal, she gets the peeeesh and you get a bike. It is a win-win situation for everybody. And if she doesn't breakdown and beg for it in 3 or 4 days, then my friend I am sorry to say the relationship wasn't meant to be anyway and you can get a bike after you split up. Again a win-win.

It is that simple, simple if you are good in the sack and you have a fat old man as a mailman. Good luck, keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Help rationalizing a new bike to a woman