Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Help a Marine out please...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help a Marine out please...

jus fix it you got it for a fair price, throw a couple hundred in it and get the frame welded and a sterringstem and you will have a good ride, plus kick his @ss

Old 03-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a dialogue of how you can handle it........

"You never told me the frame was cracked."
"Deal with it."
"I did mention I was in the military, right?"
"Yeah, so?"
"...with weapons training."
"Oh, uhhhh."
"...Sniper rifles..."
"......................."

I would love the look on someones face after that phone conversation. Then show up at his house in uniform.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:44 AM

what a frickin dick

Old 03-06-2007, 10:40 PM

If throwing a "couple hundred dollars" into it is just that easy then I would have bought a better one. I can see the minor things I would have taken care of. But frame damage come on now. That is a little excessive. I even called the guy a couple of times and was very cool, calm and collected letting him know the situation about the frame. He told me his wife already spent the money on their overdue credit card and that I was harassing him with this phone call. I was trying to settle this like two "mature" adults would. Naturally if you had a problem with some one you would go directly to the source. Well, I did that. Got told again to this time to f'ing suck it up and deal with it. I was professional the whole entire time, just shows how f'ing low some people are in the world. Enough to I want to choke the **** out of him. Almost made my PTSD kick in...lol..just kidding. Needless to say this guy needs to be dealt with. Thank you all for your feedback.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:12 PM

take him to court mane

Old 03-06-2007, 11:24 PM

BEAT his ***!!!! [sm=chairshot.gif]Then they can worry about thier past due hospital bills but for real it sounds as if this will be a hard lesson learned [sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 03-07-2007, 05:23 AM

Got any pics of the damage?

Old 03-07-2007, 10:19 AM

You certainly have some friends in the Marine's, don't you? Take all of them on a drive with you to the sellers house. I am not saying, they should do anything, but there sheer numbers may make a difference. Exactly what do you want the seller to do with this. Take it back, pay to fix it, or give you somemoney back? Actually, I am sorry this all happened of course, but like a guy a while ago in the "wanted to buy" section looking for a 2005 F4i and said he wouldn't buy from a dealer. This is what can happen. I am not an attorney, but here in Ohio, the courts would probably say, was there anything that prevented you from looking for and finding the damage. Well, we know the answer is "no". No one physically prevented you from crawling all over this quad to look for damage. It was a case of, "you missed it".The court will then just say "caveat emptor", on to thenext case. If there is nothing in writing, it just becomes a situation of "he says, she says". There is no way without documentation that can resolve this "screwing". Been there, and had it happen to me. 20/20 hindsight learned.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:00 PM

Yeah that really does suck. I say take him to Judge Juddy. That B**ch would probably side with you. IMO I wouldnt of bought it for the fact that it sat in his yard for two years. Why spend all that money to let it get destroyed from the weather. I see it all the time and I just shake my head. Sorry about the bum deal. Hope it works out for you.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:44 PM

get that guy telling you to deal with it on tape, email, etc.and then take him to court....you need to present the case with evidence that he knew the frame was cracked but sold it anyway and didn't tell you about it.

what a *****...rest assured he will get what's coming to him.

Quick Reply: Help a Marine out please...