Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Help a friend

Old 10-27-2008, 04:41 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help a friend

One of our members on this Forum is in need of some financial assistance.
This person has strongly resisted any efforts to help, but I can't carry the financial burden alone - I would if I could.
I need to raise the sum of $800 from the members of the Forum, and any other interested parties.
The money will be used to assist with the rebuilding of a bike which has stood for the last TWO YEARS.
Imagine how you would feel, the frustration, watching your baby slowly rotting away, and not having the funds to do anything about it..........and not seeing any hope of ever doing so......That's why I'm trying to help here. The person is a US citizen, and is known to many of you.
Please, Guys and Girls, don't flame this post - it's an honest attempt to help a friend in need (who would NEVER ask for or expect it)- all I ask is
If you're able to help, (no donation is too small)
Send me a PM, and I'll send you a Paypal account number.
I'm doing it this way to avoid embarrassment of the person concerned, and I'd ask that those of you who do help, keep the Paypal number to yourselves - we have too many good detectives on this Forum !!
I've been in personal contact with a couple of the members, and the idea was well received, and donations were forthcoming.
If you can spare a couple of bucks to help a member - give me a call.
Thanks
Pete
Shadow1

Old 10-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help a friend

I know who it is you speak of, he and I have been going back and forth in emails for a little while now...advice, plans, less expensive alternatives, whatever. Hell, if I didn't live half a nation away I'd be beating on his door and spinning wrenches on his bike myself. Good guy w/ a great heart, I wish I could help with some cha-ching...but with a baby on the way my disposable income is more than a little bit lacking.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:12 AM

51P thanks buddy - I'm sure you're not alone - congrats on the baby BTW.
Let us know how it goes.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:29 AM

I will do what I can come friday......and if he lives anywhere's remotely close. I would be willing to make a trip to help a buddy out.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:43 AM

Thanks Pam - much appreciated.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:54 AM

I am definitely up for helping out.. If you guys could just give me till the 31st and ill send something for sure

Old 10-27-2008, 09:56 AM

i will contribute...it won't be much but it's something. pm me the info and friday i'll donate.

i know how it feels. my baby sat for 2 years before i could get her back together...not fun.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help a friend