Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Help choose me a new Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help choose me a new Helmet

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

ORIGINAL: RCR

Way to loud for my taste. I vote "none of the above"

Just me not dissin ya..
ditto
+5 (or whatever number we're on for plus-ing)

Not a fan of any of those designs.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could see someone wearing an Icon helmet on the track as a joke but for some reason you seem serious about the Icon being one of your choices?

Icon makes crap, Suomy makes pretty decent stuff. I'm a Scorpion guy myself but they don't have paint schemes that wild

Old 01-08-2008, 11:36 PM

Dang Corey. U gettin diss fo shizzle.

I think most guys on here color cordinate der shiz. So do I.

Those helmets with your grey/black would stick out like herps. Although they have done studies and those would help you be seen.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:52 PM

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

ORIGINAL: RCR

Way to loud for my taste. I vote "none of the above"

Just me not dissin ya..
ditto
++++++

Old 01-09-2008, 07:03 AM

Glad to know people are atleast taking interest in this topic. I am just getting tired of my HJC carbon ben spies, so I have been looking for a new lid. Figure this way i can take the girlfriend for a ride sometimes.

The way I see it is with the black and silver bike just about any helmet would work. Since i also have the black and silver honda joe rocket jacket. I do want something that is a little out there to match who i am. I have always wanted the gambler. I have been a real big poker player for a while now.I have tried on the icon and the gambler. The icon doesn't fit right. The soumy though is like putting a pillow over my head. so yea the icon helmet was a joke. No way am i going to sacrifce confort and safety for some design. Thanks though for everyones opinion. I know everyone has different taste and we are all different. Okay well its 75 degrees outside right now so ima go for a ride.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:15 AM

Yea those helmets have way to much going on, I also vote none of the above.. +9 i guess

Old 01-09-2008, 08:45 AM

I like helmets with cool graphics, but I think iCon's graphics are too cheesey. I vote for the Gambler.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Registered Users

you know...i say go with what you like...if you like loud, you like loud....me i went with something that was not crazy loud and matched my bike...

but my comment here is about the bashing of icon and sometimes other brands. i personally just got an icon...BY CHOICE....i had an old HJC AC-12 zeek.....got an Icon domain decay...i have to say...the icon fits a ton better...is very comfy....still needs to be broken into a little bit, but is much nicer than the HJC out of the box....i rode with it for the first time a few days ago and there is little wind noise, air flow was good (granted it was cold so i don't know how it will fair in the hear although it has tons of vents)....the breath guard work great (being it was cold and didn't fog AT ALL)....the visor locked good, the visor comes off easy....

overall i think its a pretty damn good helmet and it had graphics that really popped to me to boot...now....that being said...why slam them...no one is saying that all their helmets, or any mfg for that matter, has a complete line of flawless helmets....but there a lot of things to consider when getting helmet...

for one your head size might not feel right in a shoei, but may feel great in a KBC.....the HJC may be loud for the position you ride in, but the scorpion may be quiet...now granted some helmets have a great reputation....and tend to hold up well....but some of the opinions i hear spewed out are backed up by nothing...

just "xxxxx" sucks and makes garbage...but no reason as to why....

woody...i tend to respect your opinions because the level at which you enjoy the sport....but to say wearing a certain helmet is a "joke" without even saying why....it makes me wonder...

i guess my point is that if you slam something....please say why...so one can make an informed decision....to just say something sucks means nothing to me and it shouldn't to anyone else....

alright i am off the soap box!

Old 01-09-2008, 09:15 AM

Either of the suomy's, then paint it black. Those designs are beyond toolish.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:56 AM

I voted for the ICON, but it's the fit and comfort that matter the most. Price also plays a part.

Quick Reply: Help choose me a new Helmet