Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Helmet Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Helmet Speakers?

HELLO?

WHO IS THIS?

WHO

OH!

WHAT WAS THAT?

YOUR DOING WHAT?

Old 10-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?!?!?!

Old 10-10-2007, 02:13 PM

rrasco, I have a set of these beand new in the box. Maybe you can use them...

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/sp...2&cl=us,en

I bought two of the older version of these (one was set up to work with a pc, the other was meant for mp3), and they had a recall because the old ones had a plastic headband that kept cracking (eventually happened for all of them). Logitech replaced both of them with the one above (has asteel reinforcedheadband). I'm actually using one set now here at work. They work great for me when riding, because just like you said, I can just keep my player on the bar and not worry about wires. they fit in my hjc just fine (it's just a little hard to turn up the volume on the earpiece-lol (but i just adjust at the player anyway)

Old 10-10-2007, 02:26 PM

eh, I just bought the helmet speaks, and I would prefer to not have anything on my ears while riding, that was partially my reasoning of getting helmet applicable ones. I have not really looked for a BT device like I need, but I'm sure there is something out there.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:13 PM

I have the sony over the ear buds and they rock. I love them and they are cheep I picked them up a radio shack on sale for 12.00

Old 10-13-2007, 12:16 PM

I just got my speakers in last night. They don't seem overly loud when in the ear pockets, so I may have to get an inline amplifier still, but they sound good and I need to test on the road, While I was off of the road, the music would have been at a near perfect level.. I think my mp3 player is also designed for ear buds, so it is not designed to have a high output anyway.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?!?!?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOFqNVmCtGo

Old 10-16-2007, 01:53 PM

So after testing the new speakers they are not that loud. They sound ok, but changing from ear buds to speakers that are not quite in contact with my ears, they could be louder. However, the issue probably lies within the mp3 players built in amplification, so I was looking into portable amplifiers and came across Boostaroo (http://www.boostaroo.com). There are 2 versions of the boostaroo, the original which amplifies the output by 100%, effectively doubling the output. Also, there is the revolution hi-def version which is supposed to imporve the sound as well as increasing the output by 400%. I went to radio shack in hopes of purchasing a boostaroo, but they were out of stock and the salesman advised me of the radio shack brand which is in fact the same shape and size as the boostaroo, only made by RS. I bought it at $20, and am sorry to say I am not impressed with the output. Does not seem like 100% to me, keep in mind the RS version didn't say it did 100%, it doesn't say anything at all, I just wanted to test it. So I will more than likely be taking it back to RS and just manning up to buy the hi-def version. Although, I may go somewhere locally and purchase the real boostaroo to test it as well, but I do not believe they sell the higher output boostaroo anywhere locally. I will report back once I am done testing.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Registered Users

yeah definitely keep us updated rrasco....seeing as i have the same buds....i was thinking about getting an amplifier but was curious as to the actual help it would give...let me know!

Old 10-23-2007, 01:41 PM

I just got my new inline amplifier, and yeah, I think it does its job. Had to turn it down or it was distorted, I can actually hear my music like I wanted. Loud songs were not as much an issue, but slower acoustical pieces were. Actaully now that I think about it, my ears kind of hurt, I think it gets plenty loud now, lol.

Here is my setup; no cutting necessary:

http://www.boostaroo.com/store_detail.php4?id=13

http://helmetaudio.com/khxc/index.ph...w&ref=HS68

Quick Reply: Helmet Speakers?