Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Helmet Locks

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 03:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet Locks

Ok so I just got a job last week and It's about 15 miles from were i live. So i ride my bike to work and the manager's number one rule is "Dont bring anything personal into the restaurant, cause he dosent wanted stolen" so that means that I can bring inn my walet or cell let alone my jacket and helmet, well anyways i brought it up last time bout if i can bring my gear inside and he said "NO" to make friends and put my gear in their car...well i havent gotten conftable with the ppl at work i was wondering if there's anything that can lock my helmet to my bike? Or how do you lock it? i seen bikes with them but not mine, 04 RR...well tomorrow im just gonna take it and take the bike cover, so when i put the helmet on the helmet wire and cover it with the bike cover i wont be as paranoid as last time...so what do ya'll think? any a$$hole bosses? and i cant even take my jacket inside, so i put it in the backpack and have to leave it outside

Old 05-05-2007, 03:39 AM
Default RE: Helmet Locks

Dude, they have to let you Take the jacket Tecnically it's your' clothes, the. helmet you can safely leave on the bike with the steel Cable anything else (speciallya backpack) that you leave on the bike is as good as gone.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:43 AM

a saddle bag) or Tank bag lockable) might be a good Idea search, there ane a Lot of threads on saddle bags stank bags for the 600, 1000 RR

Old 05-05-2007, 04:15 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

is it too late to find a new job? haha dont they have employee lockers ? or what about the break room ive NEVER heard of a job where you couldnt bring in a jacket .

Old 05-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow that sucks! i agree w/ you and wouldnt trust leaving it in somone elses vehical, and i'd be nervous of leaving it all out in the open aswell. and likeoreo said, he has to let you bring in you're bag and jacket, ATLEAST you're jacket! so i assume when its raining outside you had BETTER remove you're raincoat and leave that umbrella outside, damn sure better not track any water inside so leave those boots outside too, lol. j/p man, i think its lame you cant take those items in. when i used to work in resteaunts, they'd always have "back sidestands" ands stuff like that where employees can keep personal things.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Banned

So wait, you're supposed to make friends with people, then leave it in their car. Meanwhile, they're such thieves that once you get inside all bets are off and you can't trust them? Haha, retarded...

Don't worry about it. My girlfriend is a server and they told her the same thing when she started. It lasted about a week.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:13 PM

^^^^ yeah I know Im just gonna get along with the manager then im just gonna bring my gear inside, or at least the jacket. No they dont have lockers and the break room is as big as a restroom, all the employees eat in the last dinning room, but today i saw a couple of hooks where i can put my jacket up so im gonna ask if i can put my jacket uo there....but thanks for the reply,

Old 05-05-2007, 11:07 PM

This looks interesting
Don't have one, but looks like it could do the trick for ya, if someone really wants your helmet they could obviously still get to it, but it looks a lot safer then using the under-the-seat clips.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:57 AM

your bike doesnt have the hooks under the seat to put your helmet on?

Old 05-06-2007, 07:16 AM

I always take my gear in to work with me. People ****ed with my **** once. (Hide my 500 dollar coat). 4 phone calls threating lives to find the damn thing. Ya don't know why i would be pissed when ya threw my white leather jacket on top of a dusty cabinet. No body ****s with my **** anymore.

I would use the cable and pack your coat in. If the boss bitches tell em you take full resoneability for your stuff. Which basicly clears him of fault.

Quick Reply: Helmet Locks