Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HEADHUNTER

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HEADHUNTER

Have taken the last few minutes to look over everyone's viewpoint, and I must tell you I'm still twisting in the wind on the whole subject. But here is a few more facts.

1, They are willing to wait up to six months for me to rehab. But if it takes six months I will have to give them nine months of active service. Anything less than that. It is one year, 365 days from the date I signed the contract

2 Anything beyond the standard deployment time is my choice and will be at a pay rate two times my monthly salary if they do not abide by all terms of the contract. It is considered a breach of contract on their behalf. And I'm entitled to my one years pay of course, that is a 2 Way Street now for the deployment as to where and what or IF. It is totally up to them, it could be a DA operation (Direct Action operation), security detail and or etc. etc. etc.

3 primary job will be as an instructor. They have their own in-house separate company that is made up of only foreign nationals as well as their standard company employees and paid outside individuals who have footed the bill for the training. I would be responsible for close quarter training (house to house room to room type operations). When I have completely recovered. I'm supposed to take over a position in instructing hand-to-hand martial arts

That is the general job perspective. Now for the personal part.

1 I am really stressing over being away from home, and it is not something that I'm used to feeling something has changed over the last year. Up until this point, I never gave a thought about leaving the little woman in charge of running the duty hunt I know she is quite capable of managing without me. And I do realize this is a much shorter separation than one's we have experienced in the past

2 we would be relocating not far from where we used to live several years ago. And if we were going to move now would be the time before little HC is old enough to get into school.

3 Now for myself. I'm dealing with the facts I am a realist and don't pull any punches even with myself. I'm completely deaf in my left ear. I have lost some vision on the same side. I have one equilibrium nerve, would I be capable of deploying in what I call readiness condition,. By May, even if I was up on my feet. I seriously doubt it, would I be given the opportunity to decline? No. What I decline for personal reasons? No. I would however declined or refuse to commit based on putting the mission or operation in jeopardy of failure and adding to the potential of loss of life

4 my personal ethics and them. I know I would not ever do anything that was not for self-preservation or the greater good would they asked me to do something like that. I truly do not know. Are they truly 100% aboveboard. Hell no. No one is a choir boy they have not given me any reason to doubt them up to this point. But we are just in the gladhanding stage, would love to talk to someone who has actually worked for them in the past. I also must sign a nondisclosure agreement, before even signing the contract is a separate document

5 the little lady is as undecided on the whole subject as I am her last response to me was "Do what you feel is right"

Old 02-06-2008, 09:47 PM

HC, I don't think it's a question of how the company will affect you--you already know which way is up--it's more about how you will affect them. They need people like you, they need the respect and dignity of decorated, faithful Marines. If I were a former officer, now working as a headhunter, damn straight your door would be the first I knocked on. You possess ultra-rare, top-shelf skills--a whole bunch of them--and you deserve every penny they would pay (which is what you should have received while on Uncle Sam's dole, but that's another topic).

I think you should seriously consider accepting. If for no other reason than to act as an anchor, an example to those whose morals might be sitting on the fence. They would rally behind and follow your lead, thereby improving the reputation, morale, and safety of the company as a whole--not to mention the lives of the non-combatants you would come in contact with.

I know your loyalty lies with our beloved Corps, HC, no one can undo twelve years of service and achievement you have sacrificed for. No matter who you work for in the future, that can never be tarnished--even if you boarded ship as a seaman...LOL

Old 02-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

well hc sounds like you have alot ot think about. in the end you will make the best choice.. and hell if you do take the job and need any help there i am an undercover ninja and always looking for assignments

Old 02-07-2008, 08:58 AM

HC,

I read the entire thread and I believe that you have made a decision but just will not admit it. You have served our country with honor, loyalty and all the other crap that comes with being in the armed services. I know I am AD AF. Yes I know it is not the same but none the less I volunteered to do this. You have the stones that I did not and I respect you for that. Look at for from this way, you have several medical conditions that could compromise the mission/operation putting peoples lives in danger, that is not what you are about I am guessing.

The decision is yours and I hope you make the right one. Godspeed and thanks for serving our country.

SrA Justin D Carlton, AD, USAF

Old 02-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Last update for now. I have been given to May to make my decision have been invited to visit their main facility at that time, and discuss my options. I will say I was leaning towards not taking their offer, but we'll see how things progress

Old 02-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Retired Moderator

I'd say to make sure you and Poet go to the facility (are they paying)? You should get as much info as you can before you make a final decision (even if you are leaning against it).

Old 04-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Okay the day is fast approaching when I'm supposed to go tour Their facility. And actually have mixed feelings about the whole issue, but I'm going to pick up $ 5 grand for just coming up and taking a look around and listening to the sales pitch truly the only problem I have is the out of country deployment, which has nothing to do with the time away from home as painful as that is, I'm used to it or the personal risk. It has more to do with whether or not, I have lost the edge with my physical limitations. I have loss some of my vision and all of my hearing on the left side. Which is something to take into consideration do not want to jeopardize anyone else's personal security and another question looms large on the horizon. For myself, have I actually pushed the limits of my luck to their raggedy edge. There are those who say there is absolutely no such thing as luck. I truly do not believe that I realized my skills and abilities have carried me for the most part where I am today. But there have been a few times were just dumb luck kept me from being severely injured or killed. I'm going to voice myfeelings concerning working abroad and hope they understand and are willing to work with me on the issue. I guess I'm just looking for moral support or a little more feedback on the whole issue

Old 04-28-2008, 08:51 PM

best of luck with whatever decision you make. congrats

Old 04-28-2008, 08:53 PM

I'm no one to give advice on this matter, but they must really want you to work with them. Goodluck on your decisions.

Full loss of hearing on one side, sorry to hear that. What type of combat will this job put you into, i would have have weigh that heavily. Not having your senses at 100%.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: fuze

I'm no one to give advice on this matter, but they must really want you to work with them. Goodluck on your decisions.

Full loss of hearing on one side, sorry to hear that. What type of combat will this job put you into, i would have have weigh that heavily. Not having your senses at 100%.
That's the problem fuze there is no description of what the duties would be outside the United States. But I'm being hired as an in-house instructor for CQB, CQC and martial arts. It could be anything anywhere