Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HEADHUNTER

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HEADHUNTER

Hardcorp,

It's been my experience that all the contractors that i've talked with are either love it or hate it guys. Many of them love extra freedom and extra leniency that working for a contractor can give. However, many others that i've spoken with are routinely astounded at the lack of discipline that occurs in many instances, and kinda miss the military lifestyle.

If my assumption is correct about the company you are speaking about, then i would probably bet that many changes are in store for them, including much stricter rules on ROE as well as recruiting.

It's a hard decision..guess i really didn't help, huh? lol

-Adam

Old 02-06-2008, 08:19 AM

BW has becoe quite the headline lately. I know a few guys that have brothers and friends working for them and will defend the company till the death. I dont think you can really get a feel for them until you go there or work for them for a short while. I think with you saying you wanted to be the best you can be in the profession you have chosen and in turn teach others to do the same really shows that this may be a good job for you, for now atleast. Hey man, i don't know you, but I dont see why you couldnt atleast give it a shot.

Best of luck, follow your heart, keep us posted.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hardcorp, I went thru this same process around the time that we
went into Afghanistan. I would have been gone if I was still single
with no attachments. But I had just bought my first home & had asked
my girlfriend of 7 years, now wife, to move in with me. I just couldn't
leave her with the feeling that I might not come back. The money is
great if you can come back alive. I know they approached you with
regards to a "Instructor" position, but chances are you will go into
combat. Every man in my family has fought for this country. I served
between Desert Storm & this current conflict. All my rescues were
during peace time thanks to a few civilian incidents & occasional
F-16 ejection. Everyday I think about how I never got to serve during
a war. Life sends us all in different directions for diferent reasons. I
have a great life with a wonderful lady who has given me a beautiful
little girl that is my heart & soul.

My advice is listen to family & they will help see where your next stop in
life will be.We will always be soilders.But their comes a time when the
uniform must be put away.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:04 AM

might be a little late but glad too see you back

Old 02-06-2008, 12:48 PM

Well we all have to have money and the more the better, but at what cost? You have to ask yourself is this job going to be right for you and your fam. Is the company being on the up and up? I would love to make that type of money, but I could make better money then I make now,but I like to have a life so I compromise some money for free time.

Your a smart guy and I know you will make the right choice.

Gald your doing better.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats a hard choice HC. Money is good, abroad tyme isnt too bad esp if it isnt all at one wack. Big question to me is one, is it what you want to do. Two are you able to get to 90% and by May 1.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned

HARDCORP, anyone in a uniform knows the money is in the private sector. Most are also aware of the reputations of private organizations as it pertains to combat and military-type training.

The only real decision you have is deciding which one will deliver security for your family in the form of, longevity, monitary and personal security... for everyone in the household.

My thinking is once you figure that out you'll have your answer.

Good luck, let us know!

Old 02-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Banned

Who is looking after your family while you're abroad?

Old 02-06-2008, 05:56 PM
RCR

Not sure what your status is now but are there any other options on the table? From my experience I have taken jobs that I wasn't sure about and when I started them I found out why I had an unsure feeling about it. The money is usually a cover up for alot of BS down the road. One of the jobs was traveling 1 week out of the month that turned into 3 weeks after I was there for a couple of months.

I guess im trying to say is trust your gut on this, If your unsure its probably not right for you.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Retired Moderator

A fortune cookie would say something like this, "A very difficult decision awaits you." You have spent your professional career being a member of one of this countries most prestigious armed services. Iknow that you are a man of integrity. Money ALWAYS compromises. Perhaps it would lead a good man down a bad path (not that that is you). The first thing to decide is wether or not you will be physically up to speed. If they want you bad enough, they will wait, so that may not be such a big factor. The second thing, in my opinion, is wether or not you have to compromise you personal beliefs to do the job. You seem to be a man that would have a hard time doing something that is not right. Finally, do you want to spend all that time away?Would your time away hurt your family? How would they feel about the move? It is hard to relocate, and ittakes timeto make friends and feel comfortable in a new surrounding. How difficult would it be to move, then immediately be called away, and have Poet on her own to set up your home and make friends in a new environment? Things to consider. I don't envy you this decision. As was saidearlier...follow your gut, and rely on Poet for excellent intuition in this matter. Be well, friend, and keep us posted.