Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

head on

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: head on

...apply directly to the forehead. Head on, apply directly to the forehead. (Sorry, couldn't resist... stupid commercial).

When my father had his harley back when I was around 2, he nailed a bird at 60mph. I don't know what type of helmet he was wearing though.

More recently, my friend with the BMW sport bike and I were cruising backroads last Saturday, we got to a straight stretch and I noticed something starting to move in the trees, a turkey buzzard (those things look HUGE up close) came down out of the tree like it was spooked or something and about hit my friend (who was in front of me) in the head. If he hadn't been paying attention and ducked his head, he would have hit it and it probably would have thrown him off of his bike. He stopped a few hundred feet up the road and asked me what I saw saying: "I just had to know what that looked like from behind".

Old 06-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Retired Moderator

My Harley buddy took a bat to the chest, too. He said he barley hung on.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

o ****. a bat haha where do you live, ive only seen like 3 bats flying around in my life, let alone get hit in the chest by one... you are talking about the animal not the retarted piece of equipment from a worthless excuse of a sport right?
lol, no it was the animal version. i live in maryland and was riding to work at like 430 in the morning. i was coming out of a turn and had just stood my bike up when i saw a gray flash, then smack right in my chest. scared the hell out of me but didnt really affect me as far as controlling the bike or anything.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:02 PM

Wild Animal Accidents Caught on Tape!

Old 06-22-2007, 02:02 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Guy I work with Had just bought a new Honda VTX1800 cruiser and had put maybe 300 miles on it since picking it up. Well he came over for dinner and a movie and left to go home at 1:30 in the morning. On the way home he smashed a Skunk dead on, it ran right out in front of him and the highway's speed limit was 65, so almost no chance for a reaction. He kept it up, and showed me the damage at work the next day. Luckily other than some fur, all he had to clean off was the smell(which took forever and a day) He kept picking bits out of his radiator for about a week [:'(]. And he had to get his chaps and jacket cleaned too. Kinda funny since nothing bad happened(other than the stink), kinda scary since I live right on that highway and it coulda been me. A 900lb cruiser with a huge raked out front end has a better chance of survival there than our short raked ones. We go over, he went through it[&:]

Old 06-22-2007, 05:01 AM

Damn, was the bird okay. Just kidding. I was goin about 70 and got nailed in the visor with a dirt clod off a truck that
was towing a bobcat. When it hit I think it turned to dust. Scared the crap out of me because it was so loud.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:20 AM

Hell, I nailed a large bug the other day right in the visor that seemed loud enough to startle me. I couldn't imagine a dirt clod or anything else.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:47 AM

i had a bird splat into the windscreen on my f3 and get its head stuck it eventually ended up breaking its own neck before i could stop it was pretty freakin crazy

Old 06-22-2007, 10:59 AM

I had a duck fly right into my front tire, came out of nowhere. The driver behind (friend) said it was pretty funny to watch.

Then just a few weeks ago a squirrel was hauling *** across the road and stopped right in front of me. I don't particularly aim to hit animals ( I mean come on they need to cross a road eventually) but I assumed he would keep running, but stopped right in front of me. I clipped his tail or something, because he managed to run up my leg (up to my knee) and then jumped off. The two riders behind me said he tumbled a couple of times then ran off. Crazy *** squirrel.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:02 AM

hey vpsophmorewhos *** is that on your avatar lol....i have to *** i mean ask its so mesmerizing .......