Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Having a bike means your always in the wrong!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Having a bike means your always in the wrong!

So i just made a payment on my bike and im getting ready to turn out of the bank parking lot. Im making a left and im behind another car. All of a sudden the lady starts backing up and never looks! i start honking and revving to get her attention and i slip the clutch just enough to start making a right turn to get out of the way. She stops about 1-3inches away from my left upper and looks at me like what?

I go to her window and say" You need to look behind you you F**KING IDIOT! She said sorry and i pull forward to make my left. I have to wait for traffic now and her husband was in the parking lot in another car and comes up to me and starts yelling at me that i shouldnt have been so close behind her cause there was no way she could see me and that im a idiot. I tell him to go F**k himself and flip him off and he starts telling me to get off my bike and fight him. I tell him to shut up and get out of my face and i shut my visor as this truck pulls up. Its a plain clothes officer and we tell him the story. He took my license and checked my paper work and then told me not to tailgate people! I said im sorry and went on my way cause i wasnt about to argue with him.

BUT SERIOUSLY WTF!!!!!!! I swear having a bike means your always wrong. What if she had backed into me? Thinking about it now i should have let her so i could get new fairings but DAMN this made me mad.

End rant

Old 04-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I hear, the most common response when car hits a bike is " I didn't see them".

When I am behind someone I always make sure I am in view of their left side mirror....usually that helps.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by kazspeed
From what I hear, the most common response when car hits a bike is " I didn't see them".

When I am behind someone I always make sure I am in view of their left side mirror....usually that helps.
Yeah im normally on the left side or dead center in the rear but in this case i watched her just start backing her new BMW up. Its like she was still watching traffic ahead of her but she put in in reverse and started going.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Yeah im normally on the left side or dead center in the rear but in this case i watched her just start backing her new BMW up. Its like she was still watching traffic ahead of her but she put in in reverse and started going.
I have had a couple similar situations, including one last week where a minivan (of course) stopped ahead of me and then started backing up to parallel park. The best thing to do is react, instead of trying to have them hear you and then reacting.

I feel your pain though....I think we all do.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:53 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

lol you should have dropped your stand, gotten off the bike and walked backwards 5 feet

as she hits ur bike, realizes she hit ur bike, and you get a nice insurance claim

but yea man, sadly stuff like this happens even when im not on a bike....

people just dont check before they do crap

Old 04-20-2011, 01:59 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Bikers are always in the wrong. I got a ticket for going 6 mph over the speed limit and there was a mini van right next to me going the same speed. Then the cop tells me I give bikers a bad name. He was just a jerk who hated bikes but there was nothing I can do about that. People just have a negative connotation when it comes to bikes and especially sport bikes because they are too fast, and too loud, and too dangerous. The people who ride them are stupid and don't care about others because they slice through traffic and do wheelies and go 120mph in a 30. Problem is people are too quick to judge. They saw 1 guy on a bike that did this or just know that these bikes can do this so they stereotype all of us. Is it right? NO! Will it ever change, not in our lifetime. Glad you made it out okay though.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:08 PM

The officer obviously wasnt a biker...If he was the warning would have went to the driver and her husband for reversing where she wasnt supposed to and almost causing an accident and her husband for trying to instigate a fight and being a primary aggressor...And that is staright from an officers mouth who does ride...You were well within your right to be pissed and say something...Who knows maybe it will stick in her mind and she will start being more careful...Doubtfull though

Old 04-20-2011, 02:09 PM

damn...the injustice. cagers just looking out for their own. sorry we were not their fenatic, to kick their ***!

Old 04-20-2011, 02:18 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by __Z__
lol you should have dropped your stand, gotten off the bike and walked backwards 5 feet

as she hits ur bike, realizes she hit ur bike, and you get a nice insurance claim
yea you should have done that You can get your damage from your crash fixed with her money

I can see people cannot see the bike if it is parked, but with rider on the bike, we are taller than cars. So they should be able to see us if only they look

Old 04-20-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__

but yea man, sadly stuff like this happens even when im not on a bike....

people just dont check before they do crap
I know man! I would have loved to have my bike fixed for free! lol

Originally Posted by pdcbrf2
The officer obviously wasnt a biker...If he was the warning would have went to the driver and her husband for reversing where she wasnt supposed to and almost causing an accident and her husband for trying to instigate a fight and being a primary aggressor...And that is staright from an officers mouth who does ride...You were well within your right to be pissed and say something...Who knows maybe it will stick in her mind and she will start being more careful...Doubtfull though
Thats what upset me most was that the cop just had them leave but then ran all of my paper work.

Owell. Hopefully in 3 years ill be a officer and ill be that cop most people like.

Quick Reply: Having a bike means your always in the wrong!