Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Have you ever, Would you ever Kick a car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have you ever, Would you ever Kick a car?

i have a few times, the most bizar time was when a friend of mine and her boyfriend drove past me, her boyfriend swerved at me thinking he was a champion, so i kicked his door so hard the power window motor broke. i was happy, he was upset, he learned a good lesson. i say if your ever in the situation, kick kick kick!!!

Drivers are scared of "reckless", "carefree", "tough" bikers. which, funnily enough, everyone on a bike happens to be according to cagers.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:54 AM

ok, now, obviously some of us, including myself have some angst about car drivers... but I haven't heard anyone say they wouldn't or why not. And I'm not saying you have to explain yourself, but I like to pretend I like to hear both sides.

Now, anyone who has, or has come close... you're not worried about getting knocked over? and my reach isn't that far, and I'd be kinda worried about missing and flying off the bike... technique tips? seriously, I don't think I have that much reach, have you like gone out into a parking lot and practiced knocking over tall cones or something? I'm dead serious, is it a flick of the toe? Or is it a full heel type thing?

Old 08-30-2006, 01:06 AM

I have smacked a 4 door sedan's trunk with my fist (we were stopped) after a little game of trying to talk on the cell phone, eat, and drive. I hate that ****. I also have smacked the rear door of a big *** SUV (left handed, passing on the right) for a similar incident. I gotta say, even as pissed as I was, I didn't consider kicking. All the force pushing right back at the center of the bike is a good way to get knocked over. Also, although the sedan was stopped, the SUV was moving and it definitely got his attention but the first thing he did was hit the brakes - which makes sense... but if you were behind him... You'd be suprised how loud smaking the door with your fist can be. He wouldn't even look at me - *******. Hang up the phone.

Why, if two people are in a car, they can carry on a conversation and drive ok but when the other person is on the phone, the brain shuts down 92.67%?!? **** </rant>

Old 08-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Mad

I am not that of an experienced rider and feel if I smack the car I'd lose my balance and go down. I've been cut off a couple of times and I've been lucky enough to foresee a couple of others. If I see a Lexus I stay the F*&k away.

I think most of you ride in heavy traffic. I don't and I have only have ridden in heavy traffic while visiting friends in Santa Ana, CA. I got squeezed on the freeway during heavy traffic twice. I probably should of smacked the van and Chevy PU but I didn't. I let it go and laughed because I was moving while the rest were stop -n- go. Gotta love lane splitting...

If I see one of my fellow riders smacking a car I'd just laugh. We all know if everyone owned a motorcycle there'd be no friggin traffic and we'd all get along...

Old 08-30-2006, 02:09 AM

I wouldn't kick one while in motion unless it was one of those "Oh crap!, I'm going down anyways so screw you too" moments and thats if I had it together enough in the midst of that moment to be spiteful. I would however follow someone and wait til they parked thier car and kick the crap out of it while they are inside shopping if they were being a total rude A$$head, swerving at me etc.
What I find to work best for me is, I just clutch in throttle up real quick 1 or 2 times. My Yoshi pipe does the yelling for me and 1/2 the time it seems to startled the idiot into actually waking up. The upside to this is it doesn't **** off the driver like kicking/punching thier car so the chance of them road raging you off the road is significantly less. I have found that using my exhaust as a horn usually scares the driver or humbles them, makes them realize thier idiocy and they usually move away from me/slow down.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That "swerve" thing... on cages, or my part, could be a killer !!!!!! In WA. kicking a car, would be considerd road rage, no matter how deeply precieved justifiable.
I'll play the "devil's(*******) advocate... got attitude???, big horns, rightious indignation????, loud exaust, I've got the trump card... 3000+lb cage. PERIOD. Wanna play, wanna loose????
We are at a decieded disadvantage. Put some distance between you and the danger , if possible. Calm down. Most " in the heat off the moment "action, could be fueled by anger, which is caused generaly by fear. Never, the best frame of rational thinking.
It's in the courts now in Spokane wa,...Guy cut off a lady,w/ acouple of kids in the car. Chased him down. aproached him, freak'n out and he shot her dead. i think think it matters little to the kids... who was right.
It's a wierd world out there... be carefull. Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 08-30-2006, 04:04 AM

I've never kicked a car but a dude on his cell totally cut me off in stop and go traffic. I pulled up next to him and punched his sideview mirror completely off. He finally got off his cell to yell at me but I took off between lanes. It was so gratifying.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:49 AM

What are the consequences of our actions? Are we an ambassador to all bikers?

I split a lane at a long light and got to the front, and was long gone when the light hit green. My wife said it pisses people off and I shouldn't do stuff like that... she's probably right.

Is it effective to honk? Kick?

A meek person would say that you're not going to have any effect on them, and that you're just going to **** them off and then they'll take out their anger on another biker...

I say screw the bastards, stand up strong and proud and fight for your right to be... Now don't be selfish, but at the same time you gotta be tough.

We disagree on this point, my wife and I... I won't speculate why, but I have an opinion on it.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meek, I like that... The scriptual deffinition of meek, is a stalion... under control. Nothing to do w/ a gelding !!!!!!!! I'm all for make'n a point... but I think a "convert", to understanding lives are at stake, w/ us motorcyclists, is IMHO, more productive and fruitfull. When rage is used to counter ignorance or indiferance... it returns back to the arena of " ****'em, car -vs- bike , I win". the tonnage, unfortunitly does. Self rightous deffense... boy thats a iffy one, where the rubber hits the road. Nobody said it was fair... Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 08-31-2006, 10:44 AM

Reading some of your stories makes me glad I'm able to ride less-travelled roads daily. On my 20 mile ride to work I see 10 curves and maybe 5 cars. Sometimes I do take the main roads for fun but it's out of my way and takes longer.

Quick Reply: Have you ever, Would you ever Kick a car?