CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   have a new member in my family... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/have-new-member-my-family-51486/)

Hatebreed 10-08-2007 12:35 PM

RE: have a new member in my family...

ORIGINAL: ffingers

when i say chrome accents...i mean like a polished gas cap....i am not adding the gaudy ****e.....c'mon now...i am the one who is in the process of removing everything chrome or metal off my bike...it just that the it's all black with chrome rims now...so a few little "polished" touches...trust me...i am not a chrome fan....but some things need to be broken up on the car a bit....you'll see....i know how to make things look nice...if i can do anything i know how to do that well...
glad to hear it, ill trust yah, make sure you keep us updated with some pics [sm=smiley20.gif]

HAVOC 10-08-2007 12:59 PM

look @ mr big shot! finally passes the bar and what does he do .. goes out and buys a brand new car;)

socale30 10-08-2007 02:38 PM

when i say chrome accents...i mean like a polished gas cap....i am not adding the gaudy ****e.....c'mon now...i am the one who is in the process of removing everything chrome or metal off my bike...it just that the it's all black with chrome rims now...so a few little "polished" touches...trust me...i am not a chrome fan....but some things need to be broken up on the car a bit....you'll see....i know how to make things look nice...if i can do anything i know how to do that well...

screw chrome. :D

carbon fiber > chrome

brushed aluminum > chrome

carbon fiber > brushed aluminum (but only by a little)

so using SAT skills:

carbon fiber > all.:D

ffingers 10-08-2007 02:49 PM

lol....normally i would agree...but when i get the good pictures i'll post....there is something about the shiny on the mirror black finish that is sort of nice....

on the inside we got the charcoal interior upgrade and it's sort of like a carbon fiber pattern metal dash...it's sweet...i'll post pics of that too....

no, i won't have a ton of chrome...but there will be a few things...it WON'T be blinged out...but it will look like a classy muscle car...that is, as long as the wifey doesn't veto things (technically, it's HERcar [:o])

@HAVOC
well technically, i bought the WIFE a new car....granted, it's manual and she can't drive manual yet, LOL...after 3 years of sufferin...yep...went out and bought me my first totally new car....when we drove it off the lot, it had 13.3 miles on it....wow....that was cool...:D

sorry, i really am on cloud 9 here...after years of scrappin by and hoping i would have a job, this is the first time in a long time that i feel like it was all worth it....

and ummmmm...HAVOC...when they make you a moderator...that's it....i'm leavin!!! [&:]

catamayo85 10-08-2007 02:58 PM

psh...you didnt go cobra??? haha jk stinky fingers, sweet ride, im green with envy!

HAVOC 10-08-2007 03:06 PM

@HAVOC
well technically, i bought the WIFE a new car....granted, it's manual and she can't drive manual yet, LOL...after 3 years of sufferin...yep...went out and bought me my first totally new car....when we drove it off the lot, it had 13.3 miles on it....wow....that was cool...:D

and ummmmm...HAVOC...when they make you a moderator...that's it....i'm leavin!!! [&:]

haha in all reality im jealous.. i've never been able to buy a brand new car. butwith the way that i buy,trade and sell its probably for the best. so enjoy thehell out of that new car and everytime you driving it think of it as a reward for your hard work

and as far as me being a mod ya dont gotta leave .. i swear ill play nice with ya ;)

ffingers 10-08-2007 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
actually...what i REALLY wanted was the Shelby GT500...but alas....the one at the dealership was $46,000 on the floor, then an ADDITIONAL $15,000 market demand adjustment....bringing the total to just over $61k.....then i have to add in the CRAZY 8.75% taxes and now i am at $66,300...ummm...i couldn't justify it in a city with snow, having a rear-wheel drive car with over 520HP....just couldn't do it...

so i will mod my GT for now...it's sitting at 300HP stock....i want to get it over 400 so we'll see....damn...how am i going to split money between the bike and stang....UGH....

on a side note...here's a quickie pic of the bike (crappy pic, goods on the way in another thread) with the new exhaust and powderin....

Attachment 79770

catamayo85 10-08-2007 03:26 PM

i couldn't justify it in the a city with snow, having a rear-wheel drive car with over 520HP....just couldn't do it...

you dont have to remind me about chicago weather [&:]God i need to move...

fishfryer527 10-08-2007 04:20 PM

I had 3 mustangs, all 5.0s, all great. If every American car was as good as a Mustang, Ford, GM, and Chrsler would have no problems with the Japanese. Congrats on the car.

Think about some of that clear film to protect the front of that car, black really shows chips and whatnot.