Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

hate how adults put bugs in kids' ears

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hate how adults put bugs in kids' ears

Mom invites me over for Easter dinner/Dad's birthday... Good thing we showed up early cause somewhere along the line they decided not to cook and to go to Bob Evan's instead and not tell me! Was expecting some home cookin... if I showed up later after they didn't forewarn me, I would've been hot! Anyhow.. after we ate, gma n my niece go in the bathroom.. following, my 8-year old niece is hanging from my neck telling me I should wear a helmet... Annoying. I'm thinking... kid, have you seen the radar, I gotta vamp outta here, it's gonna start raining.. I have a chance to beat it home and you're hanging from my neck saying, promise me.

Anyway, it's been decent around here for being so early into spring. Super windy during the day, but it seems to die down a little at night. Tons of people down at the beach hanging out, just like summer. :-)

Also... got some new gloves! They're bad ***. I like to go to Chicago Cycle cause they have a decent selection of women's gear.. and there is such inconsistency in sizing that I like to try stuff on. And I looked up the gloves online Motorcycle-Superstore and such, the price was competitive, so I just bought them there.

Scorpion- 80 bucks. Is it just me or does their stuff run like 1-2 sizes smaller than other brands? They're really nice, all leather, composite knuckles. Let someone talk trash when I'm wearin those... ;-)

Oh yeah and I made a post awhile back about my car.. Got a little update here. A pic of the belt:

Ground about 8 teeth out when my dad n bf took it off... My dad, bf, and my bf's dad said it's the worst belt they've ever seen. Props to whoever said they changed theirs in Wendy's parking lot cause it's takin em a minute. One of the accessory belts rubbed a giant hole in the lower timing chain cover.. so I got a new one coming to me from the honda dealer.. and they are replacing all the belts and water pump while they're in there. I also have other work for my dad to do after they're done with this business. Gotta whole suspension kit. Rode my bike to work a couple times.. which is nice cause I don't have to go pick up food for everyone for lunch/dinner. HAHA Their asses were eating and I was the only one on the floor knocking out all the haircuts so after I caught them up, Steve came up and we tore *** outta there to go get some food... haha I was like I deserve this and I don't have to ask. I do what I want. lol

I even ventured to bring the bike to my apt one night... parked tightly between two cars.. Steve's and another decent guy... locked the forks, put a cover over it and zip-tied it to the mirror. I get up decently early anymore so I figured I would be alert to babysit her. If anybody jacked with her, they would have a 9mm in their mouth. haha

Old 04-05-2010, 10:51 AM

Forgot to mention, Steve got on a Honda forum and they said there was about a 50/50 chance that the motor would start back up without damage to the valves and whatnot... Guess I'm a lucky B.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey meggers you ever consider investing in a 2 way alarm for your bike? Something like a Scorpio alarm which would ring the fob if someone started messing with your bike? I'm thinking hard about that myself since I don't want to cut the harness to install a POS Spy 5000m alarm.

As for the niece thing, you can always mention to your family you have a forum full of finger waggers that already got the helmet thing covered and they can work on finding gear that matches your toenails

Old 04-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kuroshio
as for the niece thing, you can always mention to your family you have a forum full of finger waggers that already got the helmet thing covered and they can work on finding gear that matches your toenails :d
lol

Old 04-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, off your topic, but I love Chicago Cycle. We were just up there last weekend to look for a helmet for my boyfriend, went there and a couple other shops. I planned on maybe picking up a pair of gloves, ended up with a new jacket.

Cycle shops and Dave and Buster's... definitely a good way to spend a Saturday.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:20 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

BIG FINGER WAG.......................
Nice gloves, but you'd look a bit strange with nice protected hands,
and an IQ of 20 from not wearing a helmet.....pavements have a habit of doing that to heads.

From your friendly Neighborhood Gear ****.............

Hope the dinner was good.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:42 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat

I rode home on my bike to see the fam for E-day last weekend.
Most of em gave me the occasional "I knew a guy who got into a motorcycle wreck... "

My mom duct taped bicycle training wheels to my swingarm.
My dad told me to graduate already and stop being a panzy.

That's the fam.
My home is the anti-bike community.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:57 AM

Dang... it must be hard to have an 8-year-old niece that's smarter than you...

Old 04-06-2010, 08:10 AM

lol She's a genius actually. She got picked to be in a special Spanish program in Naperville school system... and she does Judo and whatnot. Plays with hobby rockets with her dad.

Too bad nagging me wasn't her idea. I'm certain grandma told her to do it. No 8 year old thinks of that on their own.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Um, Naperville..... isn't that where they make that show for TV about all the lady patrol officers..........??
And they're so strong on safety..............

Quick Reply: hate how adults put bugs in kids' ears