Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hate this guy WTF

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hate this guy WTF

First of all Pete don't worry, not turning into an alcoholic or a lush just arrived back at my duty station yesterday and went out with the boys, which for me is highly unusual and all ended up back over at my place for my going away party. Till next week, which is a long sordid story, but I returned to Ga this morning. So it was up and back a little depressed about that situation, but it's going to work itself out, one way or another.

Chris, I agree with you 100%

To those from the land of luck. Sometimes refer to as the land downunder know this most contractors are true professionals who have more than one motivation for being involved in what some would perceive an unwanted experience or one that a person might subject themselves to only long enough to fulfill an obligation. I would say less than 40% of the time. The almighty dollar is the sole motivator for individuals taking on this kind of work. What you do in life is as much a part of you as the haircut you choose. It is like the shirt or uniform you put on every day. It is as much a part of you as the inked tattoo, to your body. If you have found what you're good at. It may be stressful at times, and hard on those around you, but when things come off right. There are few things in life that compared to the true feeling of satisfaction you receive at knowing you have done a great job. As a contractor, you must walk a very fine line. There are hard lessons to learn and you must learn them quickly. You must remember Blitzkrieg, hide with pride, meek and humble you shall succeed ......It takes a hell of a lot of finesse backed with a hell of a lot of brute strength and a constant reminder in the back of your mind. You only have very limited resources at your disposal, and the Calvary or sanctuary may or may not be over the next hill and even those are temporary

Northern I'd like to hear a little more about your work with this project take a look at this utube link and read the Britz (lea1mercian) comment about the 500 pounder. I would almost have to see that to believe it is a hell of an explosion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jQap5W3FbM

Old 11-20-2008, 01:43 PM

http://www.defense-update.com/products/g/grizzly_bw.htm

That looks like the one we were pumping out for a very short time. I had nothing to do with the project and only am aware of it because they were sent to government testing as MRAP vehicles. We were told that they contended very well and held up to all the abuse, but the contract didnt work. If they would have chosen the Blackwater MRAP, then everything would be a whole diffrent story. Blackwater cut their contract for building them and wenow have some very expensive armor assemblies lying around with no purpose.

For the most part, we were only building the chassis assemblies for the Blackwater Grizzly project and then they were sent to ... where ever they got sent to . I know that one of our engineers had played a large role in the final design of the cab structure and he was working some crazy hours therefor a while.

From what I understand, *Blackwater* took advantage of their permanent target stuctures on their training facilitys and wanted to incorperate that into a vehicle design to help withstand damage. That goofy angled sidewall approach is used to help deflect impact instead of absorb. Just like they said in your vid.

Since all of this is old news to our company, I dont think it matters that I say this stuff now, bout a year ago it was a secret stuff and told to keep to ourselves.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Friend and Hero ...

So you must be either a subcontractor for Seagrave Fire Apparatus, Clintonville WI. Our work for them you should find this photo interesting. I'm not in the photo or I would have left my face visible, can't comment beyond the photo. It get some real-world use

Old 11-20-2008, 02:57 PM

You guessed it! That doesnt look like one of our units, but if your relating to one that is being used in the field, thats cool in any event no matter who the maker.

Just talked with a guy that was involved in the project and showed him a print of that pic, he refurred to it as a *buffalo* by armed force something or another. Guess that must be the unit that wonthe government contract.

The mentioned that I should ask how the Blackwater *manufacturing facility* is doing. He was grinning saying it so no killin the messanger here

Old 11-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Friend and Hero ...

The Buffalo the cougar and the cheetah are offered by forward protection. Small world is iT Brother